PDA

View Full Version : tpi trannys

lt1chevelle
08-09-2006, 11:15 AM
when i bought my car it came with a tpi 700r4 i was woundering if any one is fimilular with the company? and if any one knows the # to the company

Derek69SS
08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
You sure it wasn't from TCI???

lt1chevelle
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
ya i found one site that sells them for 1400 doller so i tried callig them but the number dose not work and the web site was last updated in 03. i need to know if its an electronic tranny or not

myclone
08-09-2006, 01:10 PM
i need to know if its an electronic tranny or not

Several easy ways to find out....

Pop the hood and look for another cable attached to the carb/throttle body other than the cable that connects to the gas pedal and/or cruise control. If there is a cable (called a TV cable BTW) that goes from the carb/throttle body down to the trans on the passenger side its a non electronic 700R4 trans.

If youre already under the car look on the trans for a round multi pin electrical connector. If you find one then its electronic trans or 4L60E (the other name for electronic 700R4). If you find a four pin square electrical connector its a 700R4.

If its the stock trans from the TPI donor car then its a non electronic 700R4.

To sum it up:

TV cable=700R4 (non electronic)
4 pin electrical connector on the drivers side of the trans=700R4
No TV cable=4L60E (electronic 700R4)
Round multi pin electrical connector=4L60E

lt1chevelle
08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Several easy ways to find out....

Pop the hood and look for another cable attached to the carb/throttle body other than the cable that connects to the gas pedal and/or cruise control. If there is a cable (called a TV cable BTW) that goes from the carb/throttle body down to the trans on the passenger side its a non electronic 700R4 trans.

If youre already under the car look on the trans for a round multi pin electrical connector. If you find one then its electronic trans or 4L60E (the other name for electronic 700R4). If you find a four pin square electrical connector its a 700R4.

If its the stock trans from the TPI donor car then its a non electronic 700R4.

To sum it up:

TV cable=700R4 (non electronic)
4 pin electrical connector on the drivers side of the trans=700R4
No TV cable=4L60E (electronic 700R4)
Round multi pin electrical connector=4L60E

thanks but the tranny is not from a tpi car the maker of the tranny is TPI performace. but ill look at the following things here is a site
http://hotterrods.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=14&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=56&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

its the 700r4 package kit