PDA

View Full Version : pro touring elcamino

10-31-2004, 11:29 PM
well so far i just started with mockup. here a pic i just took. for body mods i have tucked bumper rool pan swaped the front end from 81 to 82 and up style with a phantom grill. i also have the power/heated mirrors off a c4 vette, caddy taillights, whole thing will be painted forrest green. right now it's a toss up between some 18/20 (not sure of width on these)intro vista, v-rod 5, or some 17x8 2 piece iforged areo's. global west a-arms with the hotchkis tvs setup and c5 brakes up front. interior will be a basic semigloss black but it's too soon to say what that will be when finished. hope fully i'll have all the body work done by the end of this winter.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

zbugger
10-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Looks good. Don't go too big with the wheels though. That could throw off the look of the car.

Cakeaholic
11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
nice, my brother is working on an 83. and btw go big.

malibu9in
11-01-2004, 11:53 AM
17s and 18's on my g bodyhttps://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

elcamino80
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Another Elky!! Thats great :icon996:

Post pictures of your progress

btw, you have a very nice ride there malibu9in

11-01-2004, 04:16 PM
is that malibu bagged at all? i've thought about bagging mine but i dont like the kit airride offers. i wonder why they dont have a shockwave setup for g-body's? that 17/18 combo looks real nice just might listen to my buddy and go with 20/18 since the 18 would fill the front wheel well real nice and the 20 in the back would tuck up in there as well. i think when his wheels come in i'll see what it looks like on mine to determine.

el-camino
11-01-2004, 04:32 PM
sorry, i donīt like the ugly plastic bumpers. :rolleyes:

malibu9in
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
the car is bagged with shockwaves up front and bags in the rear. Its not a sport suspension but i do have tubular upper arms, baer tie rod ends, hotckis rear upper and lower control arms ,big sway bars. I tried to get the best of both worlds. its a blast to drive...it dosent "lay out" cause of the exhaust and inner fenders..my friends jack with me about it not being any lower but its not bagged to be "layed out"

11-01-2004, 07:06 PM
oh cool so they do have shockwaves for the front. whats the part number for those? well then thats it. two less 12 in. alpine type r's and a compressor and tank in the smugglers compartment.

Bulldog455
11-01-2004, 09:12 PM
That ought to be sweet when done dude...uhhhh Malibu9in...nice uhhhh...well, do you have extras :jawdrop:

malibu9in
11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
I dont know the numbers but there easy to find..our front suspension is the same of the S 10 call airride tech..they know it all. You will love the air for sure...it gets alot of attention and its fun to use. Got any more pics.....

Bull dog..you want more chicks?

malibu9in
11-02-2004, 10:09 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif :naughty:

69boo307
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
what Malibu? I don't see any car in those pics. :D

Jims78elky
11-06-2004, 12:57 PM
the car is bagged with shockwaves up front and bags in the rear. Its not a sport suspension but i do have tubular upper arms, baer tie rod ends, hotckis rear upper and lower control arms ,big sway bars. I tried to get the best of both worlds. its a blast to drive...it dosent "lay out" cause of the exhaust and inner fenders..my friends jack with me about it not being any lower but its not bagged to be "layed out"malibu9-
Could or do you have any build-up pictures of your dash with
the autometers? Iam trying to decide on what to use, and from
your gauge cluster it looks like i would like to try something like it
any close ups,or shots of the build process would be appreciated.

Buy the way congradulations on your article in PHR,your bu' is
amazing! :hail: Thanks in advance...