PDA

View Full Version : BeCool 62009 fan suggestion?

CC6569
07-27-2006, 07:00 AM
I am looking for advice on what to use for a better fan cooling solution on a BeCool 62009 Aluminum radiator. The fan I currently have was installed by the previous owner. It is about 16" in diameter and was mounted with plastic/metal skewers through the fins. It has rubbed through one of the plates until a leak developed. This is all with very low mileage on the car, about 5K miles. I would never have done this to a $400 + AL radiator! It is now in process of being epoxy repaired. There was no shroud with much of the sides exposed. The radiator measures 17 1/8" X 22 3/8". It looks like the Mark VIII RF64 fan althought being an excellent fan, is too big and will not fit. Does anyone have an alternate suggestion? Maybe a Tarus fan? What is the CFM estimate for a Tarus fan? I would like to use one of the DC Controllers for the fan and also will get a controller for the Mezierre electric H2O pump.

Thanks, Fred

Madspeed
07-27-2006, 08:20 PM
fred goto dc controllers website or call them thye can hook you up with everything INCL the fan and trimming
But you are on the right path.

CC6569
07-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I ended up using the 16" fan I already had and built a shroud out of AL angle and sheet stock. Hopefully this will help pull more air through while at idle. I still want to add the DC controller(s) when I get a chance.