PDA

View Full Version : Shifter and tranns cooler Suggestions

GUS68
07-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey guys!! I am putting a turbo 350 in my chevelle and am wondering what shifters you guys seem to like the best (I am leaning towards the quarter stick) Good or bad?? Any that are better??? Also what tranns coolers are you guys running and any other tips. I am reluctantly going from a 4-speed to the t-350. Thanks guys!!

PT73Nova
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I have the b&m prostick and love it. I had the megashifter but i like the prostick so much better...

Sean

Madspeed
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Can you go to a store near by and try them?
I wouldnt take what every one else like as what you should buy
the questions you should ask yourself are.
1. do you mind using two hands to get from nutral to rev and park?
If you dont want that then I would suggest somthing along the lines of the megashifter or the quicksilver
The megashifter gets from nurtal to rev and park by lifting the t handle with your two fingers (one hand operation)
and the quicksilver you just lift the handle to get fron nutral to rev and park.
Most others req you to use two hands and are NHRA legal shifters

Marauder
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Good advice, I recently spent quite a few bucks for an original Hurst dual gate for my '69 GTO and hate it. It looks good in the console but the functionality sucks, especially with the 7004R.

I'm thinking about yanking it for a B&M or modern Hurst but am concerned about how it will look in the console???