PDA

View Full Version : question about sts rear mount turbos?

ucmydust68
07-11-2006, 04:44 AM
ok i have an 04 gto and i was using sts's twin universal turbo kit on it. im thinking about selling the car and was wondering if i could use the turbos on a traditional front mount setup? anyone know??
thanks

myclone
07-11-2006, 05:27 AM
There is not reason why you cant use them in a traditional location (under the hood) as long as they are sized appropriately to the combo you will be installing them on. As long as the A/R on the compressor and turbine side are compatible with the combo then turbos dont care wheather they are mounted up front under the rear or on the roof (although the piping would be a little tough with them mounted on the roof).

indyjps
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
just hang them out of the hood, two of 'em.
sts should be able to help you with specs for piping it all up, shouldnt be too bad. what kind of project are you laying out. how was the lag with the turbos mounted way in the back.

ucmydust68
07-13-2006, 04:55 AM
i talked to sts, and they said that if the engine was close to the same as what i was using them on then i would be fine, thats what i figured also. this is going on my 67 chevy truck, its a short bed that im putting an ls1 t56 combo with the turbos and its bagged, just kinda a street machine more than anything. i have the t56 in it already and ive been driving it for about a year with a standard small block and i love it. i will post up pics when i get some good ones!! the turbos were on my 04 gto, and i made full boost right under 3000 rpms you really dont notice any more lag than any other large turbo setup.