PDA

View Full Version : Stainless works LS1 wayne due headers

VenturaII
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
69 Camaro . Anyone know if these are made for Wayne due's C4 or the C5 frames? Or will they fit both?

FJB2069
07-14-2006, 04:55 AM
69 Camaro . Anyone know if these are made for Wayne due's C4 or the C5 frames? Or will they fit both?

I need the same info for Due C5.

VenturaII
07-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I got conflicting info. from stainless works. One guy sent me pictures of the headers and it was a C5 wayne due frame. Another emailed me that he knew they would fit a Wayne due C4. I should recieve mine in a couple of weeks and I'll post the results. I'm thinking maybe they will fit both.

zman1969
07-20-2006, 07:08 AM
I would assume they would fit either and Summit racing can get them at a better price just FYI :naughty:

69slotcar
10-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Well....do they fit ??
...on a C4 unit ??

Mark Smith
10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
street 14 has a wayne due c4 sub with stainless works headers and he says he is very happy with the way they fit.saw a picture of them and convinced me that is what im getting.

VenturaII
10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
They fit fine, but hang below the frame about an inch or so. The wires on the end of the oxygen sensors are also going to have a sharp bend to miss the frame. The sensor bungs aim pretty much straight out the sides toward the frame. There is only two primary tubes that are spliced, all others are one piece. They are also not of equal length. I'd like to know if the Hookers will fit a Wayne due frame/steering linkage.

streetk14
10-13-2006, 05:58 PM
They fit fine, but hang below the frame about an inch or so. The wires on the end of the oxygen sensors are also going to have a sharp bend to miss the frame. The sensor bungs aim pretty much straight out the sides toward the frame. There is only two primary tubes that are spliced, all others are one piece. They are also not of equal length. I'd like to know if the Hookers will fit a Wayne due frame/steering linkage.

I have my stainless works headers installed on C4 WD subframe/ LS1 '68 Camaro. I would say they fit better than any other header I have installed on a musclecar. I have not yet checked on the oxygen sensor clearence, that is somethig I'll have to look into. As far as them hanging down below the frame, what full length header doesn't? They have a ton more ground clearance than my old small block 1 3/4" Hooker super comps. This is the first set of headers I've owned that I won't be hitting on speed bumps.

I did have one issue with the fit that I can speak of. Since they tuck up so close to the floor, the passenger side collecter is actually really close to my tubular trans crossmember. Since I'm going with a 3" exhaust, this makes the problem worse. I may have to either notch the crossmember on that side, or run a section of oval tubing until the exhaust passes the crossmember. We'll see when I get to that point.

Andy

68firehawk
10-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Andy

68firehawk
10-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Andy
Lets try that again.
Can you get me outer most distance between the collecters after they are bolted to your LS1? I'm trying to see if Sainless Works Wane Due LS1 headers might be and option with my Art Morrison subframe.

I think I'm stuck with custom headers.

Thanks

streetk14
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Andy
Lets try that again.
Can you get me outer most distance between the collecters after they are bolted to your LS1? I'm trying to see if Sainless Works Wane Due LS1 headers might be and option with my Art Morrison subframe.

I think I'm stuck with custom headers.

Thanks

What measurement are you looking for? The total distance between the collecters? Let me know exactly what you need, and I'll try to get some numbers for you.

Andy

68firehawk
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
What measurement are you looking for? The total distance between the collecters? Let me know exactly what you need, and I'll try to get some numbers for you.

Andy

Yep. The total O.D. or outer most distance between the collecters after they are bolted up to your LS1. I'm curious to see if they will fit in between my frame rails.

Thanks
Jake

RatPwrd
10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
I got a set of ls-1 headers from them for a Wayne Due c-5 69 Camaro.They are very nice quality,but they are not even close to being equal length(i dont think they advertise them that way) and they tried to tuck them up really high for ground clearance,to the point i had to modify the trans crossmember for clearance,but they are no lower than the bottom of the subframe.

FJB2069
10-19-2006, 05:37 AM
I went with the hooker pipes. They seem to be working out good.

check out my project for pics. THey are a little below subframe, but I have no body bushings! They are still higher then front cross member.

www.altronicsinc.com/pages/camaro.html (http://www.altronicsinc.com/pages/camaro.html)