PDA

View Full Version : C-4 Question

Shaved66Stang
10-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I have a GER "Pro Street" C-4 (equivilant to a B&M) that has been in the car about a year. All of the sudden it started puking fluid out of the distick and wont go into 3rd when I shift. It acts as if I shifted into neutral. :dunno: I know its in gear but it just isnt catching. If I shift back and forth between 2nd & 3rd and give it gas, it will eventually go into gear. Driving around in 1st & 2nd seems normal. It doesnt make any weird sounds. The tranny always slipped when shifted into 3rd when it was cold since day 1. After fluid warmed up it was fine. I recently installed a Hughes deep sump finned aluminum pan on it plus it has always had a cooler out front in my Cobra R' fascia. It shouldnt have over heated. I have a 2200 stall in it. This all happened about 2 months after the HR Pour Tour where I drove it 300+ miles with no prob. The car now sits in shame in my garage. :crying:

Firehawkslp
11-01-2004, 01:10 PM
I think you have a bad seal. The slipping into 3rd is the result of low or slow pressure apply to the 3rd gear clutch pack. The linning material is only about as thick as your finger nail. So the more slippage the greater the wear. I would guess it's a bad seal since it gets better once the trans fluid warms up. If it eventually goes in to gear it maybe that 3rd gear clutches are not totally gone the seal may have just gotten worse. The worse case should be 3rd gear only would need attention. hope this helps :idea: :fingersx: