PDA

View Full Version : Fans or radiator

69ratfed
04-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Been talking with a few radiator experts this week about my temp problem and finally narrowed down my choices. Since you guys are so great a giving advice in the past. I am going to try it again.

Car is a 69 Camaro 454 w/450rwhp, dart 310 heads, 160 thermostat and an aluminum waterpump. Griffin BB rad w/16''Spal fan no shroud.
I know about the shroud. But, I do not think it will fix all of my problem.:dunno:
Choices
1. Spal dual fan set up w/shroud.
2.Streetrodstuff radiator w/fans. (Rich was very helpful)
3. Ron Davis radiator w/fans and intergrated overflow tank.Tim at RD was very helpful as well)

Price goes up in thier respective order. Let me know what you think. I am going to do something very soon.:seizure:

gmachinz
04-06-2006, 03:14 AM
If you are running a stock type radiator (size-wise) i would vote for the RD set-up if you have the moola. If you aren't against a little fab work, go with a larger 31x19 radiator w/ a Mark VIII fan and controller. -Jabin

CAMAROBOY69
04-06-2006, 03:55 AM
You absolutely cant go wrong at all with the Mark VIII fan. I promise to hook my DC controller up tonight and I will let everyone know how well that works. I used to have a relay and that worked killer until it fried. So hopefully the DC controller will be the perfect replacement. No matter what the Mark VIII fan is killer and its only about $160.00 pushes over 4,000cfm.

69ratfed
04-06-2006, 04:36 AM
You absolutely cant go wrong at all with the Mark VIII fan. I promise to hook my DC controller up tonight and I will let everyone know how well that works. I used to have a relay and that worked killer until it fried. So hopefully the DC controller will be the perfect replacement. No matter what the Mark VIII fan is killer and its only about $160.00 pushes over 4,000cfm.

I only have 5-6 inches from core support to nose of March serpentin pulley waterpump. I am thinking along the lines of the dual fan set-up w/shroud.

I have to make up my mind soon.:seizure: