PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Delivery Time Experiences

JMarsa
10-08-2004, 05:52 AM
All,

I'd like to read your experiences with various PT oriented vendors regarding delivery of ordered parts or custom fabrication. I'd like to get a feel for what the average experience is. Feel free to mention vendor names and whether it was good or bad and how long it took to get your stuff.

Thanks,

--JMarsa

mdprovee
10-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Detroit Speed has great customer service. They are very helpful and answered all of my questions no matter how dumb. I ordered the Lower Control Arms from them. Got home last nite and they called to update me on the status of my order and when they expect to ship them. I never had to call them about it and ask. Delivery is exacttly as they say. I am willing to pay more for great customer service. There is just so little good customer service now days. It is just the all mighty dollar that matters to businesses.

Mike

yody
10-08-2004, 07:50 AM
lets see here.....
Lees power steering;
4 weeks for power steering pump, resevoir, and filter
AFR;
took 3 weeks for my heads(fast) 3 months for my friends heads!!!!
Discbrakesrus;
3 weeks for a set of brakes to be powdercoated and shipped
Ron Davis radiators
3-4 weeks for radiators and fans
D+D performance
2 weeks for my T56
Hydratech
2 weeks for hydroboost
Local ceramic coating
2-3 weeks for 3 sets of headers
Hothckis
6 weeks for sway bar to be made
Dennys driveshaft;
2 1/2 weeks
CCW wheels
3 weeks for delivery of wheels(super fast)
local powdercoater
2 weeks on average
As you can see things take awhile, almost everytime, for the places that took longer than usual, there was usually a good excuse, waiting to get fans in, trying to locate a core, long line for build, etc... Every single one of those places has Excellent customer service!! Things just take longer than you usually expect. Of course i get everything from summit the very next day.

JMarsa
10-09-2004, 12:04 PM
How do people here feel about a forum (or continuous thread) dedicated to vendors who have not met your expectations in terms of product quality, time to delivery or customer service?

--JMarsa

B Cichocki
10-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, if anyone is at all interested in buying from Vintage Wheel Works, they come VERY HIGHLY recommended by me. I was in a time crunch to get a set of their 17" V45's for my Mustang. When I called to place the order, I asked what the turnaround on the set would be. I was hoping that I could get them within 3 weeks. They told me that they would be built by that afternoon and on the truck the next day! I got five of their wheels, with custom backspacing (not off-the-shelf pieces) on my doorstep in 2 days. Now that's how you do business.
-Brian

Air Daddy
10-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Baer Brakes
It took 3 months to ship their GT+ front and Touring+ rear.
I love the brakes but I was a little disappointed in the service.
It took about two and a half months to get a straight answer from them.
The spindles were on back order. :hmm:

Norwoodx55
10-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I hesitated to respond to this, but I don't want anyone else to go through the same frustration I did without at least being warned. From GW I received bad attitude, several lies, long wait, and a very nice product. Be prepared.
Brett