PDA

View Full Version : Muffler Question On Ls1 Car

RSSSLS1
10-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Where & what was the best price anyone has found on Dynomax Ultraflo
mufflers???? Also has anyone used the Excelorator mufflers offered by Pypes Performance???? If so, what kind of sound?? Salesman claims they are same as Ultraflo's???

If anyone has any other muffler that sounds & flows good on a LS1 with x-pipe 2.5". Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Later, Jeromie

RSSSLS1
10-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Where & what was the best price anyone has found on Dynomax Ultraflo
mufflers???? Also has anyone used the Excelorator mufflers offered by Pypes Performance???? If so, what kind of sound?? Salesman claims they are same as Ultraflo's???

If anyone has any other muffler that sounds & flows good on a LS1 with x-pipe 2.5". Please let me know.

I know this is not the correct section, but I can not get a answer in the exhaust section.
I would like to order my exhaust in the next day or two.
Also, salesman @ Pypes says that if I use anything bigger than a 2.5" exahust I am going to loose my bottom end power??? (stock engine)
Any truth to this???
I have heard of some people using 3" into the muffler & then 2.5" out.
Any pro's or con's to this set up & why would you want to mix sizes??

Thanks for any info.
Later, Jeromie

10-09-2004, 08:11 PM
i know of alot of guys that went with 3"dual pipes and gained across the board ls1's are a whole diffrent machine and alot of things that would hurt the sbc you would gain with the ls1. as for mufflers i say spintech. i have a catback system on my 2000 z28 and it just sound sick. dual 3" spintech prostreets would be sweet. thats if you like a real deep rumble at idle and it really loud when you get on it. check out this clip. it's me racing a 04 cobra for exhaust i have pacesetter headders ORY and the spintech catback 3" all the way back. oh and a fyi my third gear locked up thats why he cought up so fast

http://www.1320video.com/vids/friday7.9.wmv