PDA

View Full Version : Bay area people i need suspension!

68RallySport
10-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Well some of you know i got my car back. The paint is awsome and i need to get some pics. My first issue was the master cylinder but i got that taken car of. Now i turn to my suspension. I'll tell you one thing, San Francisco streets are a real test of how well your car is being held togther(especially damn pine st.). I drove it from oakland to frisco then out to pleasant hill for my college classes. On the way back i got some horrible noises from the front suspension. Usaully in turns but sounds like somthings ready to come apart...

So now to my question. Bay area gurus who do i trust to track down and fix my problem. I need a shop! Anyshop someone could recommend would be much appreciated. An even bigger bonus would be a shop someone lets me watch it get done or maybe let me get my hands dirty.

Thanks for your time guys just want to keep the old girl safely on the road...

David
email me and ill give you my number, or PM and i can do the same
[email protected]

VINCE WHY DONT YOU HAVE A ShOP ANYMORE WHEN I NEED YOU!!!!!

68RallySport
10-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Ttt

zbugger
10-07-2004, 11:52 AM
If I knew the east bay better, I'd be able to help you out. But I don't. I don't know of many shops that will let you watch from inside either. I hope someone else can jump in here for you.

mdprovee
10-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Not quite sure because I never have used them, but what about Speed Merchant in San Jose?

Mike

Lowend
10-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Come see us - we have done more 1st gen camaro's than I can count
www.speedmerchant.com

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
maybe you can stop by so I can see your car I bet it looks great.....shops hmmmmmm ..do it yourself...best satisfactionI think

socalfandabodys
10-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Well if you would be willing to do it I could do it as a side job and I would probably need the car only a few days. I recently did a buddies 70 chevelle and the bushings were worn to the metal. Then I put in new ball joints,springs,tie rods,shocks and a pittman arm and the car drove like new. I also did a frame off resto on my 68 chevelle and on my 68 camaro. So just let me know and maybe we could work something out. I am located near disneyland

yody
10-08-2004, 07:23 AM
I am in Berkeley, i don't own a shop, do you have any space at your house? what do you want done, what kind of prices are you looking at?

68RallySport
10-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Basically i dont know enough, thats my whole problem. Things just keep stacking ontop of each other more then my basic knowledge can handle. I am going to order new springs shocks and rubber (bushings that is). I got to looking the car over yesterday and i found my exaust tip was hitting a kind of metal rubber band holding the passenger leaf spring togther. Its one of the sets of metal bands where on a leaf ends and the others continue(i dont know if i said that right i really wish i had a digital camera). i basically need someone to help evaluate what i need to keep this car safe and on the road. I am willing to pay because i agree that all of your guys time if very valuable. I am willing to talk hourly wages with anyone who would be willing to come to my house and do it. I have a big driveway and most of the tools needed. Speedmerchants sounds like an excellent place if i felt my car could make it on its own or if i had a trailer. If nobody can help me at home then ill probably end up finding a way to get down there. I need to know parts to order i think that is the next step.

Anyone who wants the job call me, i dont want to post my cell phone so email me and ill send it to you....

Yody - If you can help me ill pay you for your times worth, i need to order parts hopefully your around to help me get the general idea of what i need...

getoyopian - are you around today? you can come check her out when ever you want. Paint is awsome. I really want to see your car! My car will limp around town if you want to meet me somewhere? I am always here...

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR TIME!!!!
David
[email protected]

yody
10-08-2004, 09:26 AM
send me a PM with your phone# we can work something out, definetly get in contact with me before you order anything

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-08-2004, 07:09 PM
i just got out of work =I and now i have a dislocated thumb ? well its kinda fixed now but its sore and bruised i guess =/ ...you are welcome to come by any time as mines is not in running status yet ...it needs a few things here and there ....hopefully u will get yours done ...i didnt know Yody lived in berkeley thats a super nice car ..kinda hard to see nice firebirds in the bay area