PDA

View Full Version : Blow-through set up using Edelbrock carb(s)?

dhardison
01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm running an out-of-the-box Edelbrock dual-quad set up (dual 600cfm carbs) on my 454. I'll be installing a Vortech SC kit, but would like to keep the current dual-quad setup. Does anyone have any info on using/altering Edelbrock carbs for a blow-through application?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/01/gfx_1_smallJPG-1.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

camcojb
01-22-2006, 04:26 PM
I haven't seen anyone use Edelbrock carbs, do they even have a solid float that's not brass available? The biggest problem will be the dual quads period; gonna make it tough to tune, a lot of cfm. On a blow through each carb acts twice it's size. If it's just for looks it may be doable, but as far as running good it'll be tough.

Jody

speedster
01-22-2006, 05:02 PM
dhardison -
If you go to the Procharger site, www.procharger.com, they have their Nova which utilizes two Holley carbs on a manifold like yours. There is a bunch of stuff written up on that car. But I'll betcha getting it tuned properly without leaning out a cylinder may be tough.

dhardison
01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys. I wondered about the tunability of boosted dual quads, especially Edelbrocks. I've seen the dual quad Nova on Procharger's site but haven't really been able to find any decent detail on their engine setup.

Dan

camcojb
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys. I wondered about the tunability of boosted dual quads, especially Edelbrocks. I've seen the dual quad Nova on Procharger's site but haven't really been able to find any decent detail on their engine setup.

Dan

They only went to dual carbs to support the major power they're making. Otherwise they would have stuck to one also.

Jody