PDA

View Full Version : Have a bit of a Dilema.....

rob07002
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok so I'm in a bit of a quandry. I want to keep the ball roling on the vert and am ready to order wheels, tires, brakes.... BUT here's the problem.
1. the car right now has the stock 10 bolt in it w. drums, I'm putting a 9" that I have already thats 54" flange to flange in it, I don't have the brakes yet and don't have the wheels yet because I don't know what BS to get. The car will be going to a buddies shop in a few to get the SF connects, start building the rear, springs shocks, etc... Now I know the best way to do this is to get the wheels, mock them up, and cut the tubes to length, but I don't want to cut the tubes and get new axles to keep costs down, and I can't install the rear, and brakes, measure and then order and wait 6 weeks for the wheels and hold up my buds shop that long.. So what do you think is the best proceedure to accomplish my goals this winter... Maybe I'm just burnt at the moment but i can't put my arms around the best way to go about this....

Matt@RFR
12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Work it backwards. Take any wheel/tire you can borrow, and get it in the wheelwell where you want it. Take note of the wheels width and backspacing, and how far away the axle flange is, account for the width wheel you want, and do the math.

Bob Johnson
12-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok so I'm in a bit of a quandry. I want to keep the ball roling on the vert and am ready to order wheels, tires, brakes.... BUT here's the problem.
1. the car right now has the stock 10 bolt in it w. drums, I'm putting a 9" that I have already thats 54" flange to flange in it, I don't have the brakes yet and don't have the wheels yet because I don't know what BS to get. The car will be going to a buddies shop in a few to get the SF connects, start building the rear, springs shocks, etc... Now I know the best way to do this is to get the wheels, mock them up, and cut the tubes to length, but I don't want to cut the tubes and get new axles to keep costs down, and I can't install the rear, and brakes, measure and then order and wait 6 weeks for the wheels and hold up my buds shop that long.. So what do you think is the best proceedure to accomplish my goals this winter... Maybe I'm just burnt at the moment but i can't put my arms around the best way to go about this....
Ive got a curry 9" rear set up for a 69 Camaro..brand new with the big axles..also have Wilwood brakes front and rear with emergency brake kit..I don't have the third member..I mini tubbed my Camaro and took the new rear out and never ran it. I used the chunk in the narrower rear I put in the Battle Axe..I put about 1,000 miles on the Wilwoods before putting on Big Baer Brakes..This would solve your problem if you've got a few bucks.

rob07002
01-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Sorry Bob, I just saw your response... I might be interested in the rear, and poss brakes... Still have them?

vanzuuk1
01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
And how much is a few bucks?..