PDA

View Full Version : Finally ready to take the plunge!!

whytry
12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, after talking to several of you on here, and some heavy persuading to the Mrs. (our 1st baby is on the way, so some of the funds are coming at the expense of me doing the baby's room, pampering my wife, etc) I convinced her of a smaller budget for the baby's room.

Thus I can actually get the Procharger setup I want.

Since the car will be in the body shop getting some new paint as well I was pondering a cam swap as well.... I know LSA @ 114 but how big, and preference - Roller, hyd, solid?

Current setup is hyd roller - 108 LSA, so I know to get the best I can change to a 114 LSA is better so.....

Running a Victor jr intake, AFR 315+ heads ported and polished. 10.1:1 compression.

I am planning on getting the D1SC intercooled, plans are to run about 8-10 psi, which I am told I can run just fine on pump gas because alum heads and intercooler. I know I should drop compression, but can't right now.

For fuel system:

Aeromotive A1000 pump
13204 regulator
-10 fuel line is what they recommend, but problem with getting fuel cell with -10 outlets...
-8 return

Carb - still deciding, but maybe a CSU prepped 750 or 850.
Getting a fuel cell, prob RCI alum - has dual -8. Also car has -8 fuel lines already ran, should I get -10?

camcojb
12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Sounds like fun Brad. Let me know if you need any help. I've had very good luck with blow through carbs from http://www.sd-concepts.com/

Jody

speedster
12-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Hey whytry -

I am not an expert, but while at the PRI show in Orlando a few weeks ago, I was on a fact finding mission and asked some of the questions you are asking.

I spoke with one of Aeromotive's top technicians and he said that the A1000 uses a -10 feed with a recommended -8 return. You can use an adapter right at the fuel tank to step it up from the -8 to the -10. He said that the fuel volume in the -10 line going from the tank to the regulator acts like a shock absorber for having the -8 connection at the tank.

I am running the Eliminator pump which has a -12 inlet and he said that the -8 to -12 jump was too big with my particular flow need, so... I went over to the RCI booth. Dan Meyer from RCI was just awesome and said that I could send him a -12 outlet and he would just weld it in place of one of the -8's. No Problem. His number is (903) 939-1908 if you choose to go that route and have him put a -10 on.

The Carb Shop in California also makes some nice blow through carbs.

For your cam and other questions, Jody has incredible experience with forced induction and knows the D1SC first hand.

-Bruce

Hey Jody, since you are over here, do you by chance know how much cfm that nice intercooler you got from Ron Davis flows? Or its "HP" rating?

Thanks a Lot,
-Bruce

camcojb
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Jody, since you are over here, do you by chance know how much cfm that nice intercooler you got from Ron Davis flows? Or its "HP" rating?

Thanks a Lot,
-Bruce

I do not know the cfm rating, but I do know that Tim and the guys at Davis Radiators also ran it by Corky Bell, and they agreed it would support 1000 HP. So I left that part up to the experts.

Jody

speedster
12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info Jody... :drool:

whytry
12-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Will do Jody....... Did you get my email?

camcojb
12-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Will do Jody....... Did you get my email?

I don't think so Brad. It may have been caught in my spam blocker though. Re-send it please.

Jody

Tom Nelson
12-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I HAVE AN ABSOLUTE KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMBO FOR A PT CAR WITH A BLOWER SET UP.ys VORTECH SPECIAL NRE CAM ITS A PEANUT 19 INCHS OF MANIFOLD VACUMN 280 CFM HEADS 703HP TO THE GROUND AND WILL DRIVE LIKE A BRAND NEW STOCK CAR.WILL MAKE 15 POUNDS OF BOOST NO DETONATION .YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE CARB THOUGH.CALL ME IF INTERESTED.TOM

speedster
12-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey Tom -
Seen any 540 F-2 parts accumulating on your floor yet ? :seizure:
Did you check the bathroom ?

- Bruce

Tom Nelson
12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
No F 2 Stuff Yet But Santa Brought A Block /crank/rods/pistons/and Some Cnc Heads/along With Some Valve Train Ho Ho Ho

speedster
12-20-2005, 11:46 AM
...very cool. :yum:

Santa's alright.

whytry
12-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Will do Jody

What's the consesus on F1R's?

Travis B
12-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Will do Jody

What's the consesus on F1R's?