PDA

View Full Version : Open Gingerman Track Day April 14th, 2006

Jewce
12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
INFO IS ON 2ND PAGE.

Like the title says. April 14th (Good Friday so lots of people have vacation). Open day, cars, bikes, karts, open wheel. Everything allowed within reason (don't know about convertibles yet). $120 max but could go down to $100 if enough people sign up. I'll post all the info when I get it from the organizer. I want to see something out there besides neon's and mazda's (and of course my shifter kart :) ). Figured I'd post as early as possible this year. I've never gotten less than 2 hours track time at this day unless my own equipment broke.

CAMAROBOY69
12-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Not sure how I missed this but how many do you have so far? How many cars? I wouldnt mind going to this but the more cars there are the better. I know there will probably be another event later in the year and that one will be all cars. I will be at the other one for sure.

Jewce
12-19-2005, 08:53 AM
They limit it to about 20 cars in each group. 4 groups. 1. novice and/or street 2. expert and/or race prepped 3. karts and bikes 4. full race (mostly open wheel and sports racers like spec racer ford). Any PT car could run in group 1 or 2 depending on experience. There isn't a list yet, just putting this out there as early notice. Something will come out around March 1st to start signing up.

andrewb70
12-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Where do we sign up?

Andrew

CAMAROBOY69
12-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Gan you give us some more information?
Are there going to be corner workers?
Timed?
Can we have passengers?
What time will it start and end?
I had the time of my life last year at gingerman raceway so if it is similar to that then I can try to make it for the april event. You said there isnt a list but how many members seem interrested so far on other sites? Last year only 1 person from this site attended, besides myself, and those that didnt come truly missed out. If youve seen the videos and pics in that thread you probably already know.

Jewce
12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I will give him a call tomorrow at work and find out. He works at the same place I do, just in a different group.

Jewce
12-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I just talked to Dennis Lex, the organizer. He said he will start taking names and deposits the second week of January. In the meantime, here is a link to my post on the same trackday in April of 2005.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5095

All the same rules, etc apply to this year as well. The old post should answer most of your questions for hours and schedule. As for the other questions.

Corner workers: yes but every other corner but entire track still covered.

Standard pass on point by rules apply to novice and expert.

Riders: yes. Must have seatbelt and helmet for everyone in the car.

Timed: bring a stopwatch

Also, he told me price will be $120. The trackraised their price substantially due to new insurance policy requirements. Same thing has happened at most tracks across the country.

Jewce

CAMAROBOY69
12-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Riders: yes. Must have seatbelt and helmet for everyone in the car.
THAT is what I wanted to hear!!!!! The last event I attended did not allow passengers which was quite a disappointment even though it was still an incredible day. Absolutely awesome. Since passengers are allowed I am really going to try to make this event for sure. :drive2:

Jewce
12-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Since passengers are allowed I am really going to try to make this event for sure.

Based on your car specs, I wanna be one of your passengers.

CAMAROBOY69
12-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Are you serious? I mean I take that as a compliment, but my car is very weak. Especially on this site. I Only a little over 400hp and stock suspension. However I would love to take anyone for a ride that wants to go. There is even room for 4. :lmao:

Samckitt
12-21-2005, 11:59 AM
D@MMIT! I want to go. But we are expecting our second child & he will be delivered cesarian (SP?) on April 15, 2006. :-(

Scot

CAMAROBOY69
12-22-2005, 04:42 AM
By the looks of the ultrasound in your avatar, I dont think he (the child) will mind at all. :3gears: :lmao:

Samckitt
12-22-2005, 06:44 AM
LOL that's funny. Hopefully he will grow up to be a gear head too. My dad wasn't so he doesn't understand the reasons I do what I do. My brother has no desire to work on cars either. Maybe I was switched at birth. My Mom's Dad was a mechanic, maybe I got it from him. So hopefully my son will have some interests in it so we have something to do together. My daughter is 3 & she likes to tinker in the garage when I do. Heck she even helped me cut my Taylor ignition wires when I was making them. She cut it too short before I stopped her so I will have to get a replacement wire for it. When she comes over to me when I am on the computer & she sees the pic of my car in my signiture she runs to the garage door & wants to go out & show me the car in the picture. It is cute.

Maybe I can get up there later in the year & run the course.

Scot

CAMAROBOY69
12-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Your right, that is cute Scot. I think anyone that just read that got a nice, warm smile on their face. :)
There will be at least 2 events so if you cant make the April one then you will have at least one more chance later in the year.

CAMAROBOY69
01-13-2006, 04:54 AM
I guess its time to get a list started of everything I need to do before the event. This will help motivate me.
Must do list
1. Finish running exhaust out the back side by side like a viper. This means split the bumper and move the license plate up. I started this last night. My exhaust side by side out the center like a viper (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=678)
2. Install Hydraboost and run all lines to Power steering set up
3. Install power steering gear box.
4. Install power steering pump onto engine including brackets and belts
5. QA1 shocks in the rear
6. DC Controller
7. Fire extinguisher set up inside
8. Finish welding brackets for fuel cell
9. Driveshaft Loop
Want to do list
10. Sub Frame connectors
11. I will update as I remember
12. Flush and replace the T56 tranny fluid

McssGmachine
01-13-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey Adam, I live in michigan and i always wanted to go down to Gingerman, is it possible to get a ride in your car. I watched your vid and that got me interested, BTW that's a nice camaro!
Brian,

CAMAROBOY69
01-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Hey Adam, I live in michigan and i always wanted to go down to Gingerman, is it possible to get a ride in your car. I watched your vid and that got me interested, BTW that's a nice camaro!
Brian,
Brian,
Yeah no problem. I would love to take some passengers. I know physically my girlfriend will probably get very tired after a few laps. Its more physically exhausting than people realize. Its even worse as a passenger. Thanks for the compliments on the car. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking of that rush I get on the track. Pure adrenaline!! :3gears:
You will probably need a helmet.

McssGmachine
01-13-2006, 06:46 AM
I was getting a rush just watching the vid!! I can get a helmet by that time, I'll stay in touch Thanks.
Brian,

BB69
01-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Jewce,
What do we have to do to sign up. I would like to put this on my calendar as a motivating factor to get the Vette and/or the Camaro ready to go. If all else fails, I will have the SRT to fall back on. Anyway, I would like to sign up. I will also post here when we get our event at Gingerman setup.

Adam,
Great work on the car. I am really struggling to find time to work on my cars. I start my TIG welding class tomorrow, so that chews up every Sat morning. Somehow, I will find some time. Here's my to do list to go racing:

Vette:
-Convert to rack and pinion steering (have the rack, just need to get started making brackets)
-Install upper control link in rear suspension so the half-shaft is no longer a locating member
-Organize and redo all the wiring for the headlights/electric fans
-Buy new tires
-Reinstall front grilles
-Patch tear in frame from when it was straightened
-Install Megasquirt fuel injection
-Install new steering wheel I got for Christmas (three spoke leather wrapped from Grant, I am very excited)
-misc

Camaro:
-either rebuild the box I have, or buy another power steering box
-buy and install power steering pump
-rewire the whole front end
-put all the front end sheetmetal on
-relocate battery to trunk
-reinstall pedals, steering column, interior pieces
-install new (as in working) oil pressure and water temp gauges
-get it aligned
-shakedown runs
-misc

If I could just stop going to work, I think I could get all this done.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
01-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Update time. 1/24/05
1. I have been working on the Viper exhaust on and off a few hours here a few hours there (about 6 hours total). The main mock up design design is finished and the back of the car is all cut and welded for the 3" exhaust. I will be working on this some more and make the licence plate holders tonight. Very happy with the results so far.
2. My QA1 aluminum rear shocks just arrived. 12 way adjustable so I should be able to dial the rear end in with no problem. They were a little pricey but hopefully will be worth it. Just need to bolt these up after I get done welding my exhaust. Dont want welding sparks flying on the pretty aluminum shocks.
3. Drive shaft loop arrived and I just need to bolt it up.
4. After all of this, I will be installing the DC Controller then the Hydraboost from Hydratech.

72novadriver
01-24-2006, 09:13 AM
What do we have to do to sign up?

Samckitt
01-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Not to steal the thread but is there a "rule book" like drag racers use that we need to follow to run a road course track?

Scot

CAMAROBOY69
01-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Not to steal the thread but is there a "rule book" like drag racers use that we need to follow to run a road course track?

Scot
From personal experience I can give you a couple quick courtesy points.
1. Dont block anyone. If they are on you and you feel they can pass, let them. They should only pass on straight aways. Then clearly indicate you are allowing them to pass. Pull over a little to the side, put your turn signal on, or use a friendly hand gesture. No not that one. :lmao:
2. Only pass if the person in front of you allows you to do so. And only pass if you are in a class or group that allows passing.
3. Just be courteus no matter what. Its all for fun and no one wants it to be a misreable experience.
4. Common sense plays the largest part like everything else in life.
5. You will need a helmet.
6. You will also want to know what the flags mean and what the corner worker signals mean.

Samckitt
01-24-2006, 01:07 PM
What about stuff like roll cages specs, hoses - do they all have to be braided with AN fittings, fire system, everything safety wired & so on.

Scot

CAMAROBOY69
01-24-2006, 01:09 PM
At gingerman raceway you dont have to worry about anything. THere isnt even an inspection. However if they see something thats obviously dangerous like leaking fuel then they will pull you off the track until you fix the problem. Last year I had fuel coming from my stock gas tank and they flagged me for it. I fixed the problem and ran the rest of the day. Now I have a fuel cell and wont have to worry about the stock tank. :twothumbs
Thats why the back of my car is all black. Leaking gas tank.

Samckitt
01-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Cool. I was worried that I would have to have a roll cage before I could play. Of course it is wiser & safer to have one, but don't know it will happen before getting to the track.

CAMAROBOY69
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
If it makes you feel any better. I dont have a roll bar or even sub frame connectors. Like you said its obviously a lot smarter to have all the safety equipment that you can afford before you hit the track. Its all up to you. I wont have a roll bar this year either but I am going to try and install at least some sub frame connectors. Like anywhere else you go, you drive at your own risk.

Samckitt
01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Cool. Do you have a 5 pt harness, or just factory style seatbelts?

BB69
01-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Scott,
These open track days are touted more as "driving schools" than anything else. There is a strict policy about NOT keeping lap times. Obviously, this is for insurance reasons. If you try to go road racing with your car, there will be a rule book, much more safety equipment, and a license requirement. The track days are more of a way for you to start learning about how the car handles closer to the limits than you could get on the street. As Adam said, the most important part is to realize you are out to have fun as opposed to winning. That said, even though Gingerman doesn't do an inspection, you should. I would suggest the following at a minimum:

1. Bleed brakes with fresh, clean fluid.
2. Check your brake flex lines to make sure they are in good condition.
3. Make sure you have a good water/coolant mixture with no leaks. (Your car will get hot.)
4. Check wheel bearings and ball joints.
5. Make sure your tires have some meat on them, because you will be removing a fair amount.
6. Clean the windows. I was a victim of this one myself. I trailered the car over to the track, and then didn't have anything to clean the windshield.

These are just some basics. Come on out if you can, you will have a good time. I had a good time, and I spent the day trying to get the car running.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
01-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Cool. Do you have a 5 pt harness, or just factory style seatbelts?
I have 4th gen 3 point seat belts. They work extremely well in the corners and when im on the breaks. You do not want stock 2 point seat belts at all.
Like Ken said come out and you will have a blast! If you dont drive a car out there then the event is free!! You could even ride in our cars for free. :seizure:
Read thru this entire thread and im sure there are lots of helpful hints about what to watch on your car before you go to the track.
Definetly make sure you drink enough fluid and keep food inside yourself. There will be food there but the more you bring the cheaper it is.

Samckitt
01-25-2006, 05:51 AM
I doubt the car will be all put back together by then as we are expecting a new baby close to that time as I mentioned earlier. His due date, since my wife is having another C-section is April 6th. The name that we have finally decided on is Keaton, for the middle name my wife wants Scot. Not sure on that yet, but it does go together. His ultrasound is my avatar. :)

I would love to come up for the day & watch. But not sure I will get that done either.

Before the summer is over I will make it up there somehow.

Thanks to Adam & Ken & everyone else for the tips.

Scot

CAMAROBOY69
01-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Your welcome for the tips. If you cant make the April event then Ken will be lining up a different Gingerman event later in the year. :look: Not sure on that date yet but thats a REALLY fun event. Every class was cars.

BB69
01-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Scot,
Congrats on the new addition to your family. If you can make it, I will also see what we can do about getting you a ride.

Adam,
I have been checking on our day constantly. Dave and his brother are making a website this year to make registration easier. I will talk with him again this morning and see if we are ready to announce a date. I started pulling the steering components off the Vette last night in preparation for the new rack. Slow progress, but progress none the less.

Ken

Jewce
02-17-2006, 05:25 AM
HERE IS THE INFO FROM THE ORGANIZER.

D-Tek Enterprises 9th Annual Track day at Gingerman.

This is a track day which guarantees you more then 2 hours of track time with minimal traffic. We have a good group of core participants and have been incident free since these events started 9 years ago.

Details

Date: Friday, April 14, 2006 (corporate holiday for most)

Loc: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI

Format

Unfortunately, from now on all events will be cars only. While we have a good group of motorcycles, karts and shifter karts, but the participation level was never steady. Each group is limited to 15 vehicles for a total of 45 vehicles max.

Group 1 - novice

Group 2 - intermediate

Group 3 - advance

Track Time

Track hours are 9:00 to 5:00. Gates Open: 7:00am

20 minutes of track time per session will yield over 2 hours of track time per vehicle

This event will happen RAIN or SHINE.

Cost

$150.00 (Cash or Check only). Check payable to " D-Tek Enterprises".

I unfortunately had to raise the price of entry from what many have paid in the past. The total event cost has doubled from last year due to increases in track rental, corner workers, mandatory ambulance and now a separate mandatory insurance policy which I have to obtain.

Sign-Up
This invitation is going out to a list of possible participants. If interested, please respond with your name, vehicle, experience and contact information. This is so I can get an idea of who may be coming. Feel free to invite friends and others that may be interested.

Payment

I am now accepting deposits. This ensures your spot for the day. This is a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit that is due prior to the event. The reason this is done is so that at the last minute, everybody is not backing out and I am forced to pay for the track all myself. There are only 45 spots available for this event and participation fills fast. When we reach event capacity, I will put your name on the waiting list and if someone needs to drop out, I can then refund their money and you will have a place.

Payment Address

Dennis Lex

D-Tek Enterprises

1113 Lawndale

Royal Oak, MI 48067

Final Event Details

1 week prior to the event, I will send out the groups, directions and event schedule. If you have questions, please contact me.

Contact Information

Dennis Lex (DLEX)

cell: 313-492-8250

email: [email protected]

Thank you, I look forward to seeing you at the track

CAMAROBOY69
02-17-2006, 05:31 AM
$150.00 is a little higher but still a great deal and well worth it. :) Count me in for sure rain or shine. :drive1: I will send the deposit very soon. I assume we can still have passengers??

Jewce
02-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Passengers are still good as far as I know. I will let you know if I find out otherwise ASAP.

The costs are a little higher. In 2004, his total cost was $2700, 2005 was $3600, and this year will be $4600. That included track, insurance, corner workers, and ambulance. It bites but it is something everyone is dealing with right now. He had to buy extra insurance cause the new policy the track has only allows 6 cars on track at once.

I will end up in my SRT-4 since the kart class was canceled.

CAMAROBOY69
03-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I just spoke to Dennis (DLEX) on the phone and he said he currently has at least 20 cars officially signed up. The max will 45. He also said he will send a list of all the cars that are attending so far. I just wrote my check for $150 and will be sending it tomorrow. Cant wait!! :drive1:

Damn True
03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
$150 is a steal.

BB69
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I dropped my check off today with Dennis' father. I am looking forward to the event. It would be great to see some more guys from the board out there.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
03-16-2006, 04:47 AM
I dropped my check off today with Dennis' father. I am looking forward to the event. It would be great to see some more guys from the board out there.

Ken
Cant wait to see you there again Ken. Mabey this time we will get a chance to chat more and hopefully your luck will be a lot better than last year. If you have bad luck this year with your car I will let you drive my car for a few laps. :)
Your right, it would be nice to see more members attend this event. If my poor ass can make it then there is no excuse other people cant make it. NO EXCUSE!! Quit being posers and get your butts to the track. j/k :enguard:

BB69
03-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Adam,
That's very generous of you. I'm on vacation in Chicago now for St Paddy's day:Alchy: but when I get back, I hope to make a lot of progress. I fixed the electrical problems that sidelined me last year. I will find a way to have a good time at the track.

As for others coming along, I know most people have that Friday off. This could be one of the last good chances at Gingerman the way they are raising their rates and not answering their phones.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
03-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Here is the reply I received from Dennis(DLEX)
Holy crap some serious cars at this event!

Adam,
Thank you for putting the information up on the website. Between you and Justin, it has been very helpful. The following is some more information for your website. I have many spaces left, however as the rest of the month goes on, they fill in fast. I know the price might not be suitable for some people, however Justin put all of my costs on the posting and you can see what I have been up against. All track days have been going up. I even tried to work with a couple of other tracks with no luck.

Groupings
Will be determined by final car list. Right now I would like to limit it to 3 groups (tube frame racecar, advance and intermediate/novice). However, if the speed differential is too much, i will make 4 total groups which will split up the intermediate & advance group.

see list a couple posts down.

Hope this is all you need.

John Monnin
03-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Sounds great! I'll be there with some friends if you don't mind 3000GT's and Stealths

CAMAROBOY69
03-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Here is an update of the car list and the break down of the 4 groups. Looks like I am in a differnt group than the Viper but thats ok it will still be a lot of fun. I will delete the list in the other thread since this is the new one.

Group 1 - Intermediate driver #2 (Full bodied street & racecars)
05' Acura RSX Type-S
03' Nissan 350z
69' Chevy Corvette
95' Mazda Miata
92' Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo
69 Chevy Camaro
ITB VW Rabbit Racecar #1
ITB VW Rabbit Racercar #2
95 Dodge Neon Spec Racecar
75' Porsche 914

Group 2 - Intermediate driver #2 (Full bodied street & racecars)
99 Mazda Miata Racecar
85 Ford Mustang GT
06' Nissan 350z
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
Dodge SRT-4
Dodge Viper
Dodge SRT-4
Dodge SRT-4
03' Mitsubishi Evo VIII

Group 3 - Advanced Driver (Full bodied street & racecars)
Dodge Viper GTS
05 Chevrolet Corvette Racecar
Spec Miata
02 Porsche Boxster S
Dodge Viper or Dodge SRT-4
95' Porsche 911
05' Mini Cooper S - SSC Racecar
05' Mini Cooper S - SSC Racecar

Group 4 - Advanced Driver (formula & sportcar racecars)
Spec Racer Ford
Formula ST
Spec Racer Ford
Spec Racer Ford
Sports 2000
Spec Racer Ford
Spec Racer Ford
Formula Ford

John Monnin
03-25-2006, 05:13 AM
I'll be there but it looks like my buddies won't make it, there is a event at Road America the week before that they already signed up for. I like Gingerman better because its a lot cheaper if I need a tow home;)

CAMAROBOY69
03-27-2006, 05:28 AM
You should try to hit the Grattan event on May 11th. I wont be able to make since its soo close to my April event but Grattan an awesome track!!

Jewce
03-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Sorry I haven't been monitoring this for a while. Just too busy. Grattan is definitely a great track. I did a day in my SRT4 there last October and have run about 10 shifterkart races there as well. We catch about 4 inches of air over the jump on the backstraight in the karts if you are on line and 6-8 if you are trying to make a pass to the inside there:jump: , all while doing about 90 mph at that point. The reason this day is at Gingerman though is there is basically nothing to hit. I'd prefer it be at Grattan myself.

Come out and have fun. If you engine runs and your wheel bearings aren't siezed, you have no excuse.:firefire:

John Monnin
04-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Who else is going to this event?

I already paid to give me incentive to finish my turbo swap this weekend, I don't like cutting it this close but some how that is how it always happens.

CAMAROBOY69
04-07-2006, 06:55 AM
I fully plan on being there. I paid my depsoit a long time ago. I got the Hydraboost and DC controller installed and working 100%. I also drive the car yesterday.
This is all I have left before Friday the 14th.
Must Do list
1. QA1 shocks in the rear
2. Getting engine fully tuned tomorrow. Carb, rockers, timing,everything
3. Bolt in the fire extinguisher
4. Try to get new pS pump straight up and down instead of at a 45 degree angle.
5. DC Controller
6. Heater core
7. Tow Hook for front.
8. Radiator Closeout piece
9. Oil Change
Want to do list
1. Flush and replace the T56 tranny fluid.
2. Sub Frame connectors (wont have time)

BB69
04-07-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm in. I have been working on the car everyday after work. (Can't say the wife is happy about the home tiling project sitting idle. Oh well.)

My list of things to do:

Install wiring harness
Install driver's side header and remainder of exhaust system
Install all of the power steering system (pulley should be at home today)
Install all front end sheetmetal (going to NPD right now to get the front end fastener kit)
Install radiator
Fill transmission
Put oil in engine
Install distributor and plug wires
Put on new steering wheel (new to me, it's actually used)
Get car aligned (all new suspension)
A few other small items.:fingersx:

It's going to be a long week. Throw in a overnight trip for work, and you might be seeing the SRT4. I have a group of buddies coming over this weekend to help me out. We'll see.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I still have to get another Helmet. I am going to let passengers use my old one. The old one wasnt Snell approved but I dont think they are too critical on the helmets.
My little 14 year old sister wants to go for a ride with her boyfriend so I think I can actually put the back bucket seats to use for the first time and finally use the rear shoulder seat belts.. Would be killer to have a full car on the track. That would be awesome. I think it would bottom out but mabey the QA1 shocks can help me prevent that if I jack crank them up a little.

CAMAROBOY69
04-12-2006, 04:07 AM
The event is this friday!!!!
I still have some things to do but I should get them all done on thursday since I am taking thursday and friday off of work for the event.
Must do list
1. Finish running exhaust out the back side by side like a Lamborghi--DONE
2. Install Hydraboost and run all lines to Power steering set up--DONE
3. Install power steering gear box.--DONE
4. Install power steering pump onto engine including brackets and belts--DONE
5. QA1 shocks in the rear--DONE
6. DC Control--DONE
7. Fire extinguisher set up inside--DONE
8. Finish welding brackets for fuel cell--DONE
9. Driveshaft loop--DONE
10. Heater core-DONE
Want to do list
11. Sub Frame connectors-Not enough time
12. Flush and replace the T56 6 speed tranny fluid
13. Tow shackle for front
14. Move inside mirror up higher to clear camcorder
15. Aluminum closeout plate
16. Install Wilwood H compound pads on front

BB69
04-12-2006, 06:45 PM
I got the car fired up. Of course it was past 9 and it only had headers on it. I don't think the neighbors were too happy. Oh well. I took tomorrow off to get the remainder done. It's going to be tight, but I'm confident right now.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
04-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Congrats on getting it fired up! I am getting ready to go outside right now to work on the car.
Do you know if we are going to have a meeting before we go on the track at 9:00??? If yes then I might have to leave earlier. I could always call Dennis a little later today too.
Good luck Ken. I will be wrenching away all day today too. :)

CAMAROBOY69
04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I got just about everything done that I wanted to get done for the event tomorrow. Hopefully you are getting everything all done Ken.

BB69
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Adam,
I am bringing the SRT. I just realized it would not be safe to bring the Camaro. I got all the suspension stuff buttoned up, and got it aligned, but I did not have the time or daylight to test the brakes. I wanted to bring it, but it just would not have been smart. The SRT should be fun.

There is a driver's meeting at 8:30 or 8:45 I believe. I will try to be there by 8 or so.

See you tomorrow.
Ken

John Monnin
04-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I just finished re-installing the interior, so I'll be there tomorrow.

I'll probably be the only 6'5" guy in a Stealth so stop and say hi.

CAMAROBOY69
04-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Friday was a blast and it was nice to meet everyone in person!!! I dont even know where to begin so I will just randomly babble on.

The Hydratech hydraboost worked perfect!!! Even after each 20 minute session I never had a single problem. I had to add PS fluid because it would come out of the PS pump cap but thats not a big deal and its no ones fault. The DC controller kept the car around 190-200*. Still warmer than I like but I will keep tweaking that until its where I want it. Mabey add an oil cooler eventually. The rear QA1 shocks were very very nice. I set them to 5-6 on the track and they did real well. 5 on the highway is perfect too. They ride soo nice. I need to get some for the front for sure.

When we got there the track was wet from rain. Then it dried just in time to rain again a few hours later. It rained off and on a couple times.

My car did fantastic. I was allowed 1 passenger at a time so I brought practically everyone out with me. I took it easier than I did last year because I had passengers. Heather went for the first ride on the wet track and my mom was the 2nd person that went with me. Then her brother went a few times then heather again. It was really cool having passengers out there. Even though I was taking it a lot easier on the car it still was way more fun with passengers.

At lunch time we were allowed to load the cars up with as many people as we wanted but could only go 20-30mph. Still really cool because I brought my 2 year old nephew and all the other nephews and nieces with me. At one point I had over 7 kids in my car. And it was great to seee the back 3 point seat belts put to use. They all loved it.

There was a 65 Mustang there that really shocked me. It was the original red faded paint job like heathers used to be. Now listen to this part about that mustang. I get out onto the track and see him behind me quite a ways. I look again and hes right on me. I thought wow! So when he got close enough I let him pass. It was very quite. Not too much longer he blew his radiator and was off the track . So after the race I try to find him in the pits. I look the car over and it looks like a normal mustang with a few dents and original faded paint. Then I look inside. 5 speed manual tranny!! Then.........the engine. DAMN! Brand new Mustang engine. Not sure of the year engine but it was from a newer mustang. THen to top that off it is supercharged!!!! Heather said "Holy crap thats a sleeper from hell" lol I only saw him on the track a couple times because he was having a lot of bad luck. I got video of him passing me which I will post eventually. I also have some pics to post.

Ken had his SRT Neon out there and we had a fun battle for a few laps. I caught up to him then eventually passed. After I got stuck behind a car or 2 he caught up again and I let him pass. It was great fun and all on video too. I have a new respect for those SRT Neons. They handle better than I would have imagined.

Here is the best news of the entire event. Heather had sooo much fun and she really really wants to bring her 67 Mustang to the next event. We are going to try to bring it to the upcoming event on June 30th at Grattan. It is not fast at all and only has a 6 cylinder but she will still have fun since you dont need a fast car to have a great time out there.

When I get all the pics and videos together I will make another thread with them in it. I will also have a section on my website with everything.

Just wanted to thank Dennis Lex(DLEX) for setting this up and I look forward to future events. :)

BB69
04-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Adam,
Thanks for "letting" me pass you.:enguard: I had a great time. It would have been nice to have the Camaro ready, but it just wasn't going to happen. The SRT made a good showing of itself. It needs some braking improvements (bit of a soft pedal and rear wheel hop) and less body roll, but it was really nice to just show up, run, and go home with no drama.

I'll try to post some of the pics I have as well. My favorite car of the day I think was the Lotus Elise. It's just not something you see very often, and he seemed to be making some good time. Hopefully, the pics and video will convince some more people to come out to track days.

Ken

John Monnin
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
I promised Camaroboy69 a few pictures, I just couldn't get over how well his new interior/old camaro combination looked!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I wasn't paying attention and broke a bolt while switching to race pads, so I never even got on the track. I was my own fault for not paying attention to what I was doing.

CAMAROBOY69
04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks for posting the pics John. Those turned out really good. It was nice meeting you in person and I am sorry you didnt get a chance play on the track. I appreciate the pics. I dont know how many people took pics of my car but I would love to see them. There are 80 pics on my camera. Heather said she took some pics of my car too so I will try to get all the pics posted within the next few days. :)
The last pic you posted didnt show up. Shows red x.

CAMAROBOY69
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Here are 2 pages of pictures from the Gingerman event on 4-14-06. I will try to get some videos up in the near future. http://www.adfabdesign.com/Race%20Events/Gingerman%204-14-06/Gingerman%204-14-06.html
A couple sneak pics.