PDA

View Full Version : Got the Camaro running again!

shmoov69
09-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, I finally pulled the 69 away from the wall and uncovered it for the first time since the Power Tour.......when I put a new engine in it.......when it broke AGAIN.........when I got mad and put it in "time out" and worked on the 58 Nomad! But anyway, I thrashed on it last fri and sat to get it going again. Put a new crank, bearings and all the related stuff in it. Hopefully, it won't kick me in the #&@@^ again!
Jimmy :woot:

Streetking
09-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Congrats, I always loved that car... I deserves to be driven!!

SW

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Congrats, Jimmy! Glad to hear you're back on the road again!

Martin71RS
09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
finally some good news Jimmy...hope it lasts this time...

Martin

CAMAROBOY69
09-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Oh thats what I need to hear some good news from someone that had some bad luck. Mabey your new good luck can wear on me a little bit. Congrats!! Must feel great again! :)

dongnghiDTO
09-24-2004, 08:41 PM
j.spears:

your car was inspiration to me, when i first started rebuilding my car.. keep up the
good work.. and i look forward to seeing it someday..

[d]

shmoov69
09-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Wow! Thanks for the words and compliments guys! I went to KC this weekend to a Goodguys show.......and guess what!??!?!?!? Yup, it broke down on me AGAIN on the side of the road (actually I made it to a grocery store parking lot!) :dunno: . Happy birthday to me!! It turned out to be an oil line split under the fitting. AFTER dumping out about a quart and a half of oil under the hood into the fans and pullies at highway speeds. I did have a friend take me to the parts store to buy some brake line tubing, tubing cutter, flaring tool and a wrench set (all of which I had at home) and fixed it there in the parking lot. After trying about 5 times to flare the tubing with the piece of s*&# :seizure: Tiwain made tool. I am glad I bought 5' of tubing! After about 3 1/2 hours, I was back on the road with a VERY shiny engine compartment! :3gears:
Other than that, it was a pretty good weekend!
Jimmy
BTW- Anyone want to go on a roadtrip with me?!?!? :seizure:

Martin71RS
09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah sure...you bring the food, I bring the tools :naughty:

litevette
09-30-2004, 06:54 AM
(all of which I had at home)

That's usually how it goes. Good thing you had a good friend along to help out. Glad to hear all is well with it (for) now!

JamesD
09-30-2004, 02:22 PM
hey jimmy, what type of exhaust manifolds are you using for the turbos?

TA219
10-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Glad to hear that you have it all taken care of

BigCat
10-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Jimmy, Glad to hear you have the car up and going again. Maybe I'll see you at Anpac or S&S this weekend?

shmoov69
10-05-2004, 07:05 PM
James, the exhaust is made from a box of U bends that a good friend of mine stuck together to fit nicely between everything and still allows me to get to all the plugs! He is wanting me to sell the whole setup and go with a big single to make some stoopid power, but I am not sure about that. I would like to do a total transformation with it all, but can't stand not having it there ready to drive........in theory at least!
Lucas, sorry I can't place you with your name, what do you drive? I did not go to the show or the cruise in Sat night, I worked on my house and went to the dragstrip instead! A friend of mine set the track record in drag radial (twice this weekend!). He ran a 5.40 at 130 in the 1/8!!!! YEAH BABY!!! Might go to Memphis next weekend to see the finals!
Jimmy

Martin71RS
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Jimmy, something like this? :headbang:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

:evil:

I'm not aiming for insane power though... 400-450HP will make me extremely happy!