PDA

View Full Version : lt1 fuel return line question

lt1chevelle
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
i am new at building lt1 motors and dont quite understand somthing maybe u can help me out.

do lt1 fuel injection motors need a return line? for some reason i think i saw on some post that they do so i was going to run a fuel sump on my stock tank and run a msd elecric fuel pump but i dont know if i need that sump if i dont need a return line?

Samckitt
12-06-2005, 01:49 AM
You do need a return line. I used the factory return line on my Monte for it. Factory LT1 cars use 5/16 line.

lt1chevelle
12-06-2005, 07:57 AM
ya thats what i thought thanks il have to get that sump becuase it has a return line an fitting on it and my stock tank dose not becuase the motor is goin in to a 65 chevelle

Derek69SS
12-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Can you guys post pics of your LT1 installs? I'm doing the same right now and need some ideas and inspiration to keep making progress.

Samckitt
12-06-2005, 08:58 AM
My guess is the opening in the tank is the same as what the Monte is. Couldn't you just get a sending unit from something with fuel injection & use the return connection from it & run the line in the same fashion as the feed line?

Scot

lt1chevelle
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
i could but i dont belive it is that simple. ill just run the sump run the line to my fuel rails and then run a line from the other rail to the fuel pressuer regulator and from the regulator to the return line coming out of the sump

lt1chevelle
12-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Can you guys post pics of your LT1 installs? I'm doing the same right now and need some ideas and inspiration to keep making progress.

i have not installed mine yet im still getting things ready so i can install it

here is a pic of the motor but all the goodies that go on it are not on in this pic