PDA

View Full Version : True Turn and Aftermarket Spindles

elwaupo
01-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Ok, going through my collection of extra parts I’ve bought over the years for my 69 Camaro and I’m looking into front suspension upgrades. I installed Global West some years back and it’s looking like True Turn would be a great improvement. I found 2” dropped spindles I bought and was wondering if they would work with the True Turn set up. I know Ridetech says only their spindles will work but has anybody ever done this?

Rod
01-13-2018, 04:34 PM
the steering arm location is different on the Ridetech/Fatman spindle and depending on whos other spindle you have the upper ball joint location will be different creating a different camber/caster curves

elwaupo
01-14-2018, 07:06 AM
After I posted this question I thought to myself why would I want to mix components and decided not to do that. Great advice and thanks for confirming my suspicions. ��

Rod
01-14-2018, 09:53 AM
your tall spindle should be easy enough to sell most are A,F,X body fitment so Abody chevelle guys could easily use it, or any fbody guy not using the truTurn(drag racer guys)

elwaupo
01-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Yes my spindles are identical to the middle spindles. I may run those to see how my car handles for now.

Rod
01-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Yes my spindles are identical to the middle spindles. I may run those to see how my car handles for now.

the middle spindle is a Ridetech/fatman spindle, take a picture of what you have

elwaupo
01-15-2018, 12:38 PM
This is one of the spindles with a power steering arm, I measured as close to the center of the mounting whole as I could

Rod
01-15-2018, 04:09 PM
that's something like the jegs dropped spindle its pretty much stock in dimensions just the snout was moved

elwaupo
01-15-2018, 04:36 PM
that's something like the jegs dropped spindle its pretty much stock in dimensions just the snout was moved

Yes that’s what I figured, stock if the stock steering arm fits it. Thanks for your help