PDA

View Full Version : sandblasting? what media is best, and how about endura noses?

yody
09-20-2004, 08:28 PM
I am going to get my front fenders and lower valance sand blasted tomorrow morning, I am wondering what media works best so the metal doesn't get warped? also i have a huge endura front bumper, can you blast that too?

68protouring454
09-20-2004, 08:46 PM
yody, i like to use glass jet, it is recycled glass from canada, it leaves very very little pitting, so little that etch primer fills it, and creates very little heat, i just would not stay in one are to long, as long as ther eisn't 4-5 coats of paint it should come off nice, also a pressurized blaster will work nicely, also keep gun away from work a bit maybe like 12-14 inches, you may use more sand but will not heat it up any more than it would in the sun with paint on it, just be very careful, you can warp it pretty easy, yes you can blast the endura, just be ready to put some urethane primer on it
jake

Happyfunballs
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Glass bead, soda blast, etc. Anything but actual sand on the panels themselves. Reserve the sand for subframes, motor mounts, etc.

68protouring454
09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
you think glass jet would be ok to do whole panels?? i have not tried but i do know that it does not heat panels up very much
jake

protouring70
09-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey on my last car I done the whole car with Soda. It turned out beautiful. Which ever you use be careful.
Good luck! :icon_razz