PDA

View Full Version : Two words for you older weldors ...

parsonsj
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Reading glasses.

I know if you're like me, you've been avoiding admitting you need glasses to see up close. It's OK. You can call them welding glasses, and if you want, you can even read books and computer screens with your welding glasses.

I used my new welding glasses tonight to weld up my custom exhaust tips. What a difference! I can really get my head in there and actually see the puddle!

So if you're like me: an older weldor; run, don't walk to your nearest drug/welding store and get some welding glasses. You'll love 'em!

jp

toxicz28
11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
The REALLY old weldors use "cheaters". Clear magnifiers to fit in the old school welding shields. From what I've heard, you can't get them anymore.

quadfather
11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
The REALLY old weldors use "cheaters". Clear magnifiers to fit in the old school welding shields. From what I've heard, you can't get them anymore.
they are still out there for the small lenses. i wish i could get one for large style. for know i'll just wear the cheater glasses.

toxicz28
11-28-2005, 05:07 PM
they are still out there for the small lenses. i wish i could get one for large style. for know i'll just wear the cheater glasses.

Really??? I don't need them "yet", but an old coot that I worked with told me you couldn't get them anymore. I guess I'll just break his hip the next time I see him for giving me bad information. :injured: :lmao: :screwy:

definitely j/k

gt1guy
11-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Here's one place that has them.
http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/MAGxxx.html

Kevin