PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Supercar sway bar

Bird of Prey
10-20-2017, 04:59 PM
When you drag race your car you need a sway bar to keep the power from twisting the car and driving at a angle . But you also need it balanced between the front and rear for road racing . So just to be on the safe side I'll put a sway bar from hell in back and super Ford full size car sway bar for the front . The springs will be middle of the road between a street and a autocross style SCCA D-Mod . The shocks will be soft but new . The goal for the car is 1100 ftlbs at the rear wheel . The wheels in front will be 20x8.5 and the back will be (striched to) 20x12 . A aluminum block should almost be paid for in 4.5 years . The car should be 3500 lbs when finished . What I am lost on is should I put the sway bar down low on the axle or lower then the axle ? Or should I put the sway bar up above the upper control arm or just below the upper control arm ? The 1970 and 1971 Thunderbird have three link suspension and a panhard bar . The class I want to be able to run in on time attacks is a Modified Class that uses the factory holes on the frame to mount the suspension . Up top the sway bar will be super clean , but down low it will look super cool looking and easy to pass thru tech at the strip and road course . And this is for the big block , not the electric .

Bird of Prey
10-25-2017, 09:58 PM
bump