PDA

View Full Version : A question from a newbie - lifting 2015 F150

DarkMan
04-19-2017, 01:09 AM
Hey folks, I am new on your forum, so hope I am posting in the right section. So, I've got my 2015 F150, and I'm planning to lift it by 6 in. I am planning to do the job by myself, and that's the first lift kit I'll deal with. Sure thing I did some minor suspension job before, like shocks replacement, spacers and stuff. And I am slightly confused about one thing: whether cutting is required in my particular case? I checked out numerous videos and instructions, and some say that control arm pockets have to be cut (example that says that cutting is required: http://www.fancygens.com/install-lift-kit/). Some say that the ProComp kit does not require cutting. So do I have to cut or no? And if I cut the truck, which is okay for me, what do I do with that bare metal to prevent from rust? Thanks.

JustJohn
04-19-2017, 04:02 AM
Most guys on this forum will be lowering by 2-4 inches...

That being said, I also have a Jeep. The kit you buy will likely dictate whether or not you are cutting into your vehicle, just get their instructions beforehand. Hopefully you've also considered the requirement for longer shocks and brake lines, which means bleeding your system. Don't get bubbles in the ABS unit.

bret
04-19-2017, 07:07 AM
We typically don't do lifted trucks [although we did design and build the suspension for the Lingenfelter Reaper trucks, and several military projects], so I am not intimate with all the selections. I will tell you that shocks are an extremely important part of any suspension system, and that we have NEVER been disappointed in working with the guys at Fox. I will also tell you that Fox owns BDS Suspension and that BDS has a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty on their suspension systems.

DarkMan
04-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Thanks for replying, folks. I even haven't thought of things like brake lines and stuff yet, and that's also an important thing to consider.

ccmc
04-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Id look for an f150 forum. They will know. I have a Tacoma 4x4 and the Tacoma forums have a ton of information specific to my truck.

Rick