PDA

View Full Version : MSD Pro Billet ready to run distributor

JcGc
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
I just got my MSD distributor today. I have a choice to run it with or with out the vacuum advance. How should I run it? I prefer not to have the vacuum hose running on my intake.

Is mechanical hard to set up? I just want to put it in the motor, set the timing and leave it.

I hope someone can help me!!!!!!!

derekf
11-17-2005, 04:02 AM
I may be the minority, but if it's gonna be street driven I'd much rather have the vacuum advance.

With that said, no, setting the mechanical on the MSD distributors isn't too bad. Better if you put the proper limit bushings in before you put it in the car though - I seem to remember having trouble getting one of the bushing screws started after changing the bushings.

Fuelie Fan
11-18-2005, 10:27 AM
If you drive it on the street and care about mileage and driveability, run the vacuum advance. I talked myself right out of a sale on this very issue. A guy came by asking about fuel injection to cure his engine's driving habits and thirst for fuel, so we wandered out and took a look at his vehicle, and I noticed that he had the vac advance plugged. I asked him why, I think he said becuase it used to be blown? Anyways, I told him to go hook up vacuum to the dist, and after he did, needless to say he quickly lost interest in going to EFI. He did thank me for the tip, however.

JcGc
11-21-2005, 07:06 PM
I went ahead and left the vacuum advance hooked up. I think it will be worth it in the long run.