PDA

View Full Version : chassis tech, sway bar, article by Bob Bolles December 2016 circle track magazine

garvir
10-14-2016, 02:52 PM
this is in the december 2016 circle track magazine, tune your handling to WIN by Bob Bolles (one of the better suspension guy out there), works on NASCAR to dirt cars. this article covered MOMENT CENTER, CROSS WEIGHTS, BRAKES, STAGGER, MORE..

installing larger or smaller sway bars will have an effect on handling turns. the STIFFER THE BAR, the less the front will want to turn. So, to help cure a tight car, we can go to a SOFTER SWAY BAR. I think that could mean a stiffer bar would tighten up a loose car? the last sentance was my interpetation, i will research further.

Softening the front springs will help the car turn, but to a lesser degree than making rear-spring changes.

Tune your brakes so that wheel lockup occurs simultaneously at the two ends of the car under heavy braking, we do not want brake bias to influence entry handling characteristics. never try to correct a tight car by increasing rear brake bias or fix a loose-in car by increasing front brake bias.