PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen camaro DSE subframe and quadralink alignment specs

icemanrd19
08-28-2016, 01:24 PM
What is everyone running for their 1st gen camaro DSE subframe and quadralink alignment specs?

DSE subframe. What is your toe, camber, and caster settings?

What about the quadralink setup? What is the distance between DR wheel Center to DF wheel center? What is the distance between PR wheel center to PF wheel center? Do you have it setup the same distance on the drivers side and passenger side?

dontlifttoshift
08-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Wheel base needs to be even side to side. The actual distance is determined by centering the rear wheel in the rear wheel well. Use your eyecrometer for that. It will show up on the alignment as thrust angle, you want zero.

After that, what are you doing with the car? The specs in the instructions are a good start.

It seems that -1.7* ish is the hot camber number for autocross. As much positive caster as you can get. Nearly zero toe, or .05* toe in.

icemanrd19
09-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I actually just went out and measured my driveline angles as well.

Rear diff is at .5 degree up . According to the video below you want 2 degrees down and 2 to 3.5 degrees down on the trans. I thought you would want them level? having them both point down puts a load on it so is that what causes the driveshaft not to vibrate because you have a load on it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1vo1tMqaI

dontlifttoshift
09-04-2016, 09:01 AM
U joints speed up and slow down, the idea is to have the same _operating angle_ on the front and rear u joints. It doesn't matter if the pinion and transmission or both pointed down or if one is up/one is down as long as the _operating angle_ is the same.

dhutton
09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
U joints speed up and slow down, the idea is to have the same _operating angle_ on the front and rear u joints. It doesn't matter if the pinion and transmission or both pointed down or if one is up/one is down as long as the _operating angle_ is the same.

I have never seen this explained so well and in such simple terms before. Thanks!

Don

icemanrd19
09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
im not sure how the heck you guys are getting your trans yoke angle. I removed the driveshaft and i still couldn't get a good reading off of it.

- The pinion angle was 0.9 degrees down. I adjusted it to 2.2 degrees down
- Driveshaft angle at the rear diff was 0.80 going down and after i adjusted my rear pinion angle the driveshaft now points .22 going down Seems like my rear diff is higher than my transmission?
- Driveshaft where it connects to the transmission was 0.8 up after i adjusted my rear pinion angle it is now at 0.30.

One thing that i have noticed is when I'm out getting on the car alittle and then go slow on the neighborhood i can hear a clank or clunk. Sounds like its either coming from the rear diff area. Either the diff itself, rear u-joint, or something. Almost feels like something is grabbing. Is this a normal rear diff thing?

car runs great, shifts great, pushing easy when out of gear, hooks amazing, and gets sideways when you want it to :)
- Front of the crank is is 3.96 degrees down.

icemanrd19
09-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I also forgot that i have a nice new go pro hero 4. Guess ill stick that under the car and see if i can see anything on it. Like i stated i only notice it after going out and driving it for awhile and then creeping around the neighborhood