PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis Sub Frame Connectors 68 camaro vert

drhdrock
08-04-2016, 03:16 PM
New here since I bought my car. Mostly stock but planning on mild build. 383/t56/z51 front brakes and ls f body rears. Since it drives like a marshmallow... I picked up hotchkis sfc and the center brace for the convertible since carpet is in and would rather not cut the floor up at this point. I'm getting ready for a friend to bring his welder over so I'm cleaning up the frames and swapping out the bushings. It looks like adding some pieces of angle iron where they go under the floor support crossmemebers would really tie everything together better. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks for any input!

D

F-Body International
08-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Solid body mounts are said to be more effective than subframe connectors. Simply installing subframe connectors with solid body mounts would make your car much stiffer.

Check out Pro-Touring F-Body if you haven't looked into solid body mounts already.

MTZ28
08-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I don't see any reason why not to tie in the floor crossmember and the sfc's. Most other manufacturers have designed their sfc's to use the extra attachment point. Detroit Speed welds theirs through the floor and floor bracing. Custom Works Performance has tabs welded to do the same thing your talking about (these are for 2nd gen Camaro). These are the ones that come to mind. Solid body bushings are a must, not an option (in my opinion). I'm sure you're planning on those, but you didn't specify what kind of bushing you were replacing your old ones with. Have a good one.

rohrt
08-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Can you post a bunch of pics where your done? I would like to see how that works out for you?