PDA

View Full Version : Suspension questions...

Travis104
07-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Hello,
I have a 68 Camaro that I am getting ready to start on. I am looking at the hotchkis tvs system that lowers the car 3 inches. My question is, I have run across a pa racing tubular subframe with qa1 tubular control arms. Would this work well with the hotchkis tvs system? Just trying to get parts together before I start the build. Car will be a cruiser maybe the occasional autox just for fun. Will have a built 383 stroker with Muncie 4 speed. This will kind of be a budget build, since my ZL1 has been getting a lot of go fast parts. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Travis

TheJDMan
07-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Is this the tubular subframe you're talking about? If so, that is a drag racing sub which is designed to be light weight and would be virtually useless for going around corners.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2016/07/Clip-1.jpg

Travis104
07-16-2016, 09:02 AM
Yep, that is the one. I will stay away from it then. I am going to purchase a subframe, and have found a new stock unit for about 1k. Are there any aftermarket around this price that are good? I don't need anything crazy, just something that is solid and will fit well.

Thanks.

TheJDMan
07-16-2016, 10:33 AM
It sounds like your best option would be to go with a stock subframe that has been welded up and then install a Ridetech Streetgrip or Truturn system. Whatever you decide, DO NOT buy no name suspension parts off ebay and DO NOT mix suspension parts from different manufacturers. Buy a complete kit like Ridetech which is engineered to work as a system.

You might keep an eye on the classifieds and see if anyone is removing a stock sub to install an aftermarket.