PDA

View Full Version : Turbo - will it fit under the hood?

madmax
11-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I didn't know really where to post this... paint and body or here. I chose here because I thought more people would be able to answer me. Mods, please feel free to move it if you want.

I am thinking about going TT and have an opportunity to buy most of the stuff I need from a dealer who was going to do a project on a 3rd gen and the guy backed out, so he wants to get rid of it. The turbos will fit under a 3rd gen hood without any modifications... so...

Will it fit under a 1st gen stock cowl hood? I was hoping to keep it at the stock height.

Thanks for the imput,
Max

GBodyGMachine
11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I have seen it done. Also concider putting the turbos next to the tranny bell.

JEff

madmax
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks Jeff.

I was wondering if a kit designed to fit under a 3rd gen hood on a SBC would fit under an 1st gen hood on a SBC.

-Max

GBodyGMachine
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Whoops, i must have misread. I though you were talking about a 3rd gen. I think 1st gens have more room.

J

ProTeal55
11-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I would think the 1st gen's would have much more room to "play" so to speak than a 3rd gen...

Travis B
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
a third gen set up would have to be real low becuase of the cowl panel area. I would think it would fit a 1st gen no problem.

madmax
11-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Awesome guys. Took a while but I don't think there is a question that can't be answered here!

Hopefully this means I'll have a pair of twins in a few months.... what should I name them? :P

-Max

Matt
11-23-2005, 01:29 PM
The last tt turd gen I saw had the turbos mounted really low. 3rd gens are a lot more cramped, but murphys law says something in your bay will be in the way and you'll have to probably change a downpipe or something.

madmax
11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
The last tt turd gen I saw had the turbos mounted really low. 3rd gens are a lot more cramped, but murphys law says something in your bay will be in the way and you'll have to probably change a downpipe or something.

:lol:

Something always does go wrong, eh?

Thanks a lot for the info guys.

Max

Kenova
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Awesome guys. Took a while but I don't think there is a question that can't be answered here!

Hopefully this means I'll have a pair of twins in a few months.... what should I name them? :P

-Max
:hmm: :idea: Lavene and Shirley!?
Ken

jdpepper
11-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Will it fit under a 1st gen stock cowl hood? I was hoping to keep it at the stock height.

Thanks for the imput,
Max[/QUOTE]

here's some pics of my setup, it probably would of fit under a cowl hood if i lowered the radiator and had the discharge on the ic installed on a 45 or 30 degree angle. hope it helps

madmax
11-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Dang! That looks awesome. Tell us more :headbang:

I bet that thing is a beast at the strip.

jdpepper
11-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Dang! That looks awesome. Tell us more :headbang:

I bet that thing is a beast at the strip.

i've yet to take it to the track, still have to finish down pipes and exhaust and align the front end. i'll post results when i do go.