PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Pit Stop in Waco, TX. for those on Power Tour 2016

mburrow
05-10-2016, 01:46 PM
As a 7 time Power Tour Long Hauler, I would like to invite anyone on the Austin to Grand Prairie leg to stop by my hometown of Waco, Texas. Just 1 ½ hours north of Austin on I-35.
We have received permission for up to 1,600 parking spaces at our new Baylor, McLane Football stadium northbound I-35 Exit 335C and turn right onto Martin Luther King.
We will have shuttle buses running to downtown between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. I am listing a few sites right on I-35 and also downtown.

Magnolia Market and Silos( Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s Fixer Upper) / magnoliamarket.com
Dr. Pepper Museum / drpeppermuseum.com
Texas Sports Hall of Fame / tsohf.org
Mammoth National Monument / nps.gov/Waco (recently designated as national monument)
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum / texasranger.org
Baylor University / Baylor.edu
Waco Suspension Bridge over the beautiful Brazos River (The Chisolm Trail) Historic Marker and our herd of cattle with cowboys and vaqueros. (Great picture opportunity with your car)

Downtown shops, restaurants and food trucks galore along the Brazos River will be eager to serve you.
Local car clubs will be invited and a remote with the classic rock/oldies channel will be at the stadium.
Special thanks to City of Waco, Waco Chamber of Commerce and Baylor University for their help.
Watch the short two minute video of our great city. I look forward to seeing you in Waco on 6/14/2016.

https://vimeo.com/164632500

chocthunder
05-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I hope I can make the trip, will have to see how much the Railroad genie likes me.