PDA

View Full Version : Have a 4L60E question

Zefhix
09-10-2004, 10:35 PM
How strong in stock trim are they? Say I have a low mileage unit that's going to spend most of it's time in O/D on 2.73's I was thinking about a shift kit, 2000 stall converter and good cooler. Here's the front of the trans.....a 500HP 427 that is more for show than go so the car won't be abused. Maybe 1 trip to the dragstrip for a slip and some slight romping but nothing serious.
So will it hold? Is it the delicate flower all the tranny shops are trying to convince me it is? Thanks in advance!
:cool:

camcojb
09-11-2004, 07:03 AM
I had the Corvette version last for a while behind 458 HP, but it eventually failed. It will all depend on your right foot! Ideally you need a shop to make some parts changes to make it live.

Jody

Zefhix
09-13-2004, 03:14 PM
I had the Corvette version last for a while behind 458 HP, but it eventually failed. It will all depend on your right foot! Ideally you need a shop to make some parts changes to make it live.

Jody

Thanks....that's what I wanted to know. The cars not getting beat on...just cruised around in. :cool:

Steve Chryssos
09-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Keith,
I found a great website that describes every available '60e upgrade part. They're trying to sell you something--but it's still very informative.
/Steevo

http://www.4l60-e.com/

Zefhix
09-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Steve!! That was informative. I'm going to purchase the gm service manual for it. Autos have been something that mechanically I've known very little about. Think I'll get a 4L60E and tear into it and upgrade it myself. Thanks.