PDA

View Full Version : looking for 67 - 69 First Gen Camaro

kcarter13
05-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Hey guys,

I have been a long time looker of pro-touring.com and figured now is my time. After recently being scammed while trying to purchase a 69 camaro and lost a little money in the process I am quite skeptical of the car community to say the least. I have recently had twin girls on New Years Eve and am looking for a nice car that I can enjoy with them for years to come. Over the last year or so I have driven to see close to 40 cars, so without a First Gen sitting in my driveway I thought I would reach out to the community in hopes of some help. I am located in Orlando Florida if you all know of anything out there

I am looking for a really nice driver car. (not a trailer queen)

Must Haves:

Must be Manual
Coupe only - no verts.
Body work and paint must be done - Really looking for a black or silver car (I have seen a couple nice blue 68's though)
No Rust
I would be alright changing the color of the car if its the right one. But the budget has to work out in order to do so.
Obviously my goal would be to do a LS car. But have yet to find the right one. So would like a 396 for the time being.
Would really like a 67 as most people have a 69 and I just like the look of the 67.

Would likes:

Disc Brakes
Power Steering
A/C (I am ok with installing this if it doesn't have it)

All in all the people I have spoken with about their cars have been really nice. (besides a few scam artists) What is amazing is that one persons idea of perfect restoration and mine seem to be totally different.

Once again I think the community always provides valuable input and would love to hear from you all. Thanks in advance. Kris

Ideally I started my search looking to spend around 25k but the more and more I look I think I am up to 35k

Tom5410
05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Going to be tough to find with that budget. The list of wants you have is pricey. Good luck with your search..

kcarter13
05-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Hey Tom

Thanks for your feedback. I have found quite a few right around 30k just havent found the combo that I have been looking for. I realize that I will not be getting an LS car for that kind of money. Just looking for a nice base to work with. And hey if the right car comes a long and I need to spend some extra money I will do so if its works out.

Thanks again for the feedback
Kris

kcarter13
06-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks for checking out my wanted ad. I just finally picked one up. Going to pick it up on Friday after the Vintage Air is installed.

Will post pics. I am sure I will need some guidance on some projects here and there. This forum has been a valuable asset in my searching as well.

Thanks guys.
Kris

Erik Beckett
06-18-2014, 04:59 AM
I think I might have what your looking for. PM me or call my cell sometime and I call tell you about my 67 Camaro I have. I am planning on putting a for sale on it here in Ohio at the Good Guys next month but if I had cash to purchase something there that would be better.

Thanks, Erik
740-739-8019