PDA

View Full Version : WTB - PT 68 Camaro or 79-81 TA

restomod79
03-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Can't really find what I'm looking for so not sure if it exists, but figured I'd put this WTB out there.

Ideal car:

68 Camaro RS/SS style body or 79-81 style TA body.

*manual trans
*modern and powerful engine. LS, looking for at least 450 hp, 400 lb-ft for these relatively heavy cars.
*modernized interior. Would like moderately comfortable seats, and a back seat with 3 point seat belts (only way to get my wife to let me take kids for a ride!)
*modern brakes and suspension. No drums, no leafs. I want this car to handle well.

At a point in life where I want a completed car.

Budget: up to approx 40 k for the right car that is.

Thanks !

Jeebus
03-08-2014, 05:21 AM
I have something that fits this bill for ya, only missing a manual trans...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271418918167?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

restomod79
03-14-2014, 07:01 AM
This is turning out to be quite a search! I've spent a lot of time on transamcountry.com, spoke to some shops, etc. It looks like people have 2 general interest in these types of cars: 1) Everything original, #'s matching, etc., or 2)modified to the hilt, lots of body mods as well, price well above 50k. Seems like the car I want (a car that looks original, not all 'blingy', but with a modern interior and engine/trans/susp/brakes) is not what people tend to build. Oh well, when I win the lotto I'll take 80 k of it, buy a 79 TA or 69 Camaro RS and get to work

4MuscleMachines
03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Edit, sale pending.

restomod79
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Hello, tks much for replying and posting the pics - that is one awesome car you've built. It's probably good to go as is, but what I'm looking for would already have the engine and hood and a slightly updated interior (not that there's ANYTHING wrong with you car, like I said awesome). I assume it would be a number of thousands more to get the car to where I'd enjoy it the most, and by then already pretty far out of my budget. But it's getting close, I'll keep looking, tks!
Kevin