PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered Ride Tech's Level 2 coil over kit for my 68 Chevelle..

calvin
12-28-2013, 02:19 PM
I ordered the kit, and had an epiphany. Did I need to specify for a BB or SB? There were no options.

Also any tips? Seems to be simple bolt on installation.

Site looks great.. can't wait to see what people have done to their cars !!

andrewb70
12-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I ordered the kit, and had an epiphany. Did I need to specify for a BB or SB? There were no options.

Also any tips? Seems to be simple bolt on installation.

Site looks great.. can't wait to see what people have done to their cars !!

I am sure that you can give RideTech a call and discuss spring rates with them.

Andrew

calvin
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks , but I don't want to wait til after I receive them. I'd like to have it right the first time

andrewb70
12-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks , but I don't want to wait til after I receive them. I'd like to have it right the first time

So call them before they fill your order…This isn't rocker surgery…

Andrew

regal454
12-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Call Ridetech Monday morning and ask for Danny, he can help you. You can specify your spring rate or go with their recommendation. Ridetech also has a spring rate calculator on their website that may help with your choice.

calvin
12-28-2013, 03:39 PM
So call them before they fill your order…This isn't rocker surgery…

Andrew

Lol..yes I know. I don't believe they are open on saturday. So I thought I'd ask from some folks that may have ordered them.

calvin
12-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Call Ridetech Monday morning and ask for Danny, he can help you. You can specify your spring rate or go with their recommendation. Ridetech also has a spring rate calculator on their website that may help with your choice.

Kinda curious why when you order them they don't ask you to chose a spring rate?

csouth
01-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Kinda curious why when you order them they don't ask you to chose a spring rate?

Did you just order them online or something? I called to setup a set and the first thing I was asked is "what motor and intended purpose for the vehicle?.."

calvin
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Ordered from MCB

csouth
01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Ordered from MCB

I'd call RideTech like suggested. Matt's should be able to help, but Ridetech will be open first.

marolf101x
01-02-2014, 04:18 AM
The best way to determine spring rate is to drop the info from YOUR car into our spring rate calculator.
It will then spit out a few options from which you can choose.
http://www.ridetech.com/tech/spring-rate-calculator/

People on the boards can give suggestions, and we can make an educated guess, but to know for sure there's no other way around it.
I treat spring rate like wheel spacing. . .don't trust anyone, measure yourself and know for sure!

Barrrf
01-02-2014, 04:52 AM
MCB Matt would help you out with too. Its probably best that you do work through him since he has all your order information anyways. Ridetech may not even know you ordered them.

Josh@Ridetech
01-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Give us a call, we'll be able to pull up your order. We can make sure that you get the correct spring rate with your kit!