PDA

View Full Version : Advise on areas to look for apartments in SE Michigan

olason
12-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello,

I have talked with a forum member about me taking an engineering job in New Hudson, Mi after I graduate this December.

I am wondering if there are any rental companies to avoid. I see there are many options with the Metro of Detroit being so close, but I wouldn't mind being a little further out from Detroit as I grew up in rural North Dakota.

The plan is to rent for 6 months to a year before committing to buy a house/place.

Any help would be great as this is my first big move, and I want to feel comfortable where I am living to enjoy the new region of the US to live in.

Thanks,

Kyle Olason

spacepirate
12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I would suggest driving around the areas that you'd like to live. A lot of rentals aren't listed and you can happen across some good stuff if you just spend a weekend looking.

olason
12-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Turns out that is the plan. I have some I am finding while looking online, and will spend a few days out looking. I was worried that with graduation on the 20th, that I wouldn't have time between the holidays and packing/moving to get out there to look.

Motorcitydak
12-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Were we talking about you having an AWD build? New Hudson is just about an hour away from me.....just sayin

Not too familiar with specifically the New Hudson area but I have family in Brighton, nice area. From driving thru there it is all a pretty nice area

olason
12-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes, I was visiting with you about having an awd build. It's staying in ND at the back of the farm shop, hopefully, until I find a house or a shop to rent.

I am thinking about bringing the transmission and transfer case with to do some work on those.

I might have to come see progress on your car as mine had stalled with school projects, work, and the job hunt. The job hunt ended last month when I signed on with pratt and miller engineering to work in engineering services.

Motorcitydak
12-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Very cool and I'm glad you landed a job with a good firm like that. Good luck with the search, wish I could help more but I am not very familiar with that area

Rod
12-18-2013, 12:35 PM
look at craigslist has apartments and room rentals