PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro upgrade front suspension

DButler
11-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I am looking to dona few upgrades to my front suspension. I am on a tight budget so I want to get the beat bang for my buck while maintaining the parts I have upgraded to this point. I have hotchkis sway bar and lowering springs. I have qa1 adjustable shocks. I have a 12:1 quick ratio steering box made by sweet mfg. I have CPP hybrid c4/c5 13" brakes and want to reuse those. I currently use stock from spindles and hubs and control arms. I think one of my hubs has a little runout because I can feel it in the pedal. What is my best option.. use stock control and change to tall ball joints? Change tall spindles? But can I retain my brakes? I need some guidance on which is the best route I need to take?

Rod
11-28-2013, 02:37 PM
the hotchkis front bar and springs are great, that's an excellent brake setup, 12.1 by sweet in great, the QA1,s are pretty fair also, SO on a budget (500 bucks)my suggestion is control arms, and a tall ball joint, its not great but WAY better than the stock arms, I just saw on here someone has the eBay arms for sale for 400 bucks, I tested those arms from eBay (at Run to the coast) and the held up to great abuse and a 120 MPH jump on the big tack and then one week later I drove them 550 miles to soCal for the soCal Challange at AMP motorsports park, there not bad after that I pulled them off the car and bead blasted them and couldn't find any structural issues(I'm no expert, just telling you what Ive done) there a copy of the DSE arms and I measured them against a set of DSE arms I have and there so close I couldn't find a different measurement..the DSE welds do look way better. On less of a budget (1400 bucks) I would put the eBay arms on and a tru-turn kit and the car will be very good then, with no bump steer, better camber and better ackerman, (on a side note you will need a 1inch spring spacer on those controls arms or the DSE arms to keep a good ride height because both arm sets have a lower pocket the spring sits in) and on NO budget (keeping what you have) , get the real DSE arms, a Tru-turn, CPP aluminum hubs,

DButler
11-28-2013, 09:30 PM
How about the spc upper arms and tall ball joints and stock lowers? I think I have a hub that has runout because I can slightly feel it in the pedal(slight surging)...I had the rotors checked and they weren't warped. I like those brakes for the money they stock great. I really like the sweet box. Where would I get the spring spacers and are the eBay arms you are talking about the ones that have the red bump stops?

DButler
11-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Will the spacer with these ebay arms get me back my current ride height? I am running the qa1 shocks and DSE 3" drop springs in the rear.

Quikbrd
11-28-2013, 09:46 PM
If you can budget it, I would look into ATS spindles. They are going to correct the cars geometry issues, everything else is then a bonus.

Rod
11-28-2013, 09:59 PM
If you can budget it, I would look into ATS spindles. They are going to correct the cars geometry issues, everything else is then a bonus.

:hand: its just a tall spindle