PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with AJE suspension?

jercars
11-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Contemplating an AJE kit for my 68 Charger but having limited luck finding reviews on the product. I know everyone seems to agree Alterkation kits are good quality but they want crazy money for them. The AJE has a much better price but I'm unsure about the quality. I've seen in some older forums from nearly 10 years ago saying they had some fit problems with the k members but has that been resolved? Also does anyone know if there is good geometry engineered into the system as well? Thanks in advance for any inut.

High Plains Mopars
11-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I would recommend going to moparts.com and looking around there.

jercars
11-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Moparts is where I started but wasn't getting much there. I found this site and you guys have a wealth of chassis knowledge that has absolutely blown me away so I has hoping I might have better luck here.

jercars
11-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Looks to me it is a fairly unknown company.

Jetfixr320
11-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Looks pretty interesting.

UMI Performance
11-21-2013, 06:56 AM
AJE is more known in the Mustang market. I meet the owner at a show one time, super nice Christian guy. AJE is a family owned business and smaller, around 7 people. I would highly recommend them.

Josh@Ridetech
11-21-2013, 07:15 AM
AJE is more known in the Mustang market. I meet the owner at a show one time, super nice Christian guy. AJE is a family owned business and smaller, around 7 people. I would highly recommend them.

+1, I used the AJE K member on one of my Mustangs a while back, it fit great. They're real nice to deal with!

Nicks67GTO
11-21-2013, 09:20 PM
A buddy stuck an AJE front K member in his 79' fox body drag car. The first one he got was way off and didnt fit right for some reason?? After a conversation and some measuring on his end, they sent him another one without much if any hassle and if I remember right, they told him to keep the other one, it wasnt worth shipping back. The new one worked just as advertised and hes had it in there for a couple years without issue. So I guess im saying I have a second hand thumbs up for good customer service....lol

rjsjea
11-21-2013, 10:48 PM
The lower arms look like pretty small tubing for a 4000lb car on the street. Looks like it still uses the torsion bars?

I'd go with a proven system, Hotchkis, AlterK or graft in a AME ifs before I bought the AJE kit for a protouring, BIG street car.

Josh@Ridetech
11-22-2013, 06:05 AM
The lower arms look like pretty small tubing for a 4000lb car on the street. Looks like it still uses the torsion bars?

I'd go with a proven system, Hotchkis, AlterK or graft in a AME ifs before I bought the AJE kit for a protouring, BIG street car.

I agree with that, for the dragstrip, I love the one I got, but I've never put one on anything else.

High Plains Mopars
11-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Moparts is where I started but wasn't getting much there. I found this site and you guys have a wealth of chassis knowledge that has absolutely blown me away so I has hoping I might have better luck here.

I'm surpised. The moparts crowd's opinion of AJE's mopar line is pretty vocal and not necessarily supportive either. Basically, if your building a drag car that has no street time and gets regular monthly inspections, it might be okay. Otherwise, don't bother with them. There are much better options out there from Firm Feel, Hotchkis, Alterkation, and QA1.