PDA

View Full Version : OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational broadcast will re-air Wednesday, October 30

Larry Callahan
10-29-2013, 06:54 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/newsletter/header.gif

https://www.pro-touring.com/newsletter/ousci.gif

2012 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational broadcast will re-air on Wednesday, October 30 at 8pm EST on Fox Sports 2.
Tune in to watch America’s best street vehicles fight for the Ultimate Street Car title.

Here is a recap of the show if you haven't seen it yet.

OPTIMAŽ Ultimate Street Car Invitational Announces
5th Annual Television Event
The Road to OPTIMA’s 2012 Search for America’s Ultimate Street Car
Comes to its Exciting, Final Conclusion October 30 at 8pm EST on Fox Sports 2

OPTIMAŽ Batteries, the global leader in high-performance automotive and marine AGM batteries and chargers, is proud to announce the premiere of its OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational television special

Visit OPTIMA’s YouTube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/optimabatteries) at www.youtube.com/optimabatteries (http://www.youtube.com/user/optimabatteries) to preview all of the action and drama from the 2012 Invitational. This is the first year a broadcast audience has been able to follow along with some of the qualifiers before seeing the final event, so also check out video from the OPTIMA Faceoff at Road America, among others, to see competitors who battled it out to earn a spot in the final event. These Invitational vehicles represent a wide range of interests and styles, from a 1933 Ford hot rod to a custom-crafted Nissan GT-R, and several vintage and late-model American muscle cars modified for greatly improved performance. European supercars are also well represented in the mix, ranging from a track-friendly 1985 Porsche Carrera to a 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo.

“We’re excited to give viewers such an exciting, well-rounded look at this year’s OPTIMA Invitational,” said Cam Douglass, director of product development and marketing for OPTIMA Batteries. “We continue to see more support and greater competition each year, and 2012 brought out some of the best talent and most passionate street car enthusiasts yet.”

The OPTIMA Invitational began in 2008 when Douglass recognized a need to prove the specialty vehicles on the SEMA Show floor were built for speed and superior performance. Today the annual event occurs each Saturday following the close of the SEMA Show, bringing in top automotive talent, highly modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent.

Aficionado
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Disappointment defined: scheduling the evening trip to the gym around watching Optima while doing cardio and arriving just in time to find out they don't have Fox 2.....

csouth
10-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Disappointment defined: scheduling the evening trip to the gym around watching Optima while doing cardio and arriving just in time to find out they don't have Fox 2.....

Not as disappointing as finding out the 2013 events will be on MAV TV, which is not offered by DISH....

lzdick
11-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Chris,
My DISH Network had it...channel 248 locally.

Rich

bret
11-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Did anyone watch the Optima Face Off at Road America show last night?

Larry Callahan
11-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I wish. I can't get MAV TV where I am.

1966longroof
11-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I watched it, congrats Bret. But don't get FS2.

Aficionado
11-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Not as disappointing as finding out the 2013 events will be on MAV TV, which is not offered by DISH....

Ugh, recurring disappointment. :(

tommycomfort
11-02-2013, 03:33 AM
We watched it and were pleasantly surprised at the amount of air time we received. Of course we lost satellite at the end due to the storms...

mikes2nd
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Direct TV had it. I think they need to start doing on screen times also with like leader boards(just occasionally). You couldn't really tell what was going on :) everyone was always first and was just a short clip of a car. Make it more espn like... I don't want scroll bars at the bottom though. And maybe show a full run of the winner if possible.

Van B
11-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Also MAVTV must not have liked Goldberg's use of the word ass.(as in bad ass) Every time the sound went silent.

The other part is they will show a car and say he's in the top spot when the only time the particular car could have been in the top spot is if it was the first car to run.