PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech bolt-in 4 link wont fit

68zz502fi
10-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I just got my RideTech 4 link ,unpacked it, and read the instructions.
I decided to test fit it and it wont seat on the frame rails in the horizontal plain. There is about a 3/8 gap on either side where the airbar should sit flush on the horizontal plain of the rear frame rail.

My 68 Camaro is all original body (except rear quarters) and has no significant accident damage or repairs. the whole underside has a few light coats of dried 3M undercoating on it from when I refinished it many years ago, nothing that should make the fitment that far off. I have tried to get the airbar to fit about 6 times, I noticed marks on the floor of the trunk where the shock crossbar in hitting the ribs in the trunk floor sheet metal. It is hitting the trunk floor before it seats on the frame rail. The front bar is also hitting the pinchweld / sheet metal area slightly as well.

I have no idea why the airbar wont fit. Im looking for help to sort this out.
I guess I will call tech tomorrow if I don't hear anything here.

Smittys
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I have seen where the trunk floor ribs keep it from going up in place. Hammer them flat to clear the shock brace should fix it.

68zz502fi
10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I have seen where the trunk floor ribs keep it from going up in place. Hammer them flat to clear the shock brace should fix it.

If this is common, it would seem they would address it in the instructions. Having to pound the ribs down in my trunk floor isn't what I really consider a "bolt-in application", although I know "technically " it is...

Hopefully this goes smooth now, and the setup is all it's cracked up to be in the end.

Thanks for the very quick reply , I'll try that tomorrow.

marolf101x
10-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Here's a thread with pics and a bit more explanation:
https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/102559-Ride-Tech-4-link-install-in-69-camaro-firebird