PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how changing the GPM on PS pump affects steering

CTSV
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I have a dse rack on my mustang and it will be ready to test drive i. Few days

i am running a nascar style,krc pump and have various flow valves.

i can use 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 GPM

just looking for some clarity on what option may work best

astroracer
10-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Different racks use different pressures. I know some MII racks don't like the higher pressure GM pumps put out, so reducing the pressure saves on seals and makes the rack less "twitchy". Don't know what rack DSE uses so I would talk to them specifically about what valve to start with.
Mark

dontlifttoshift
10-17-2013, 04:04 AM
The DSE rack is designed to run on 3GPM to match the output of a stock GM pump. You could try it with the 2GPM valve in see if you like it. The steering will be heavier at all speeds and that may not be a bad thing depending on your preferences.

Classic Nova & Performance
10-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Ditto on what ^^^ said.

CTSV
10-21-2013, 06:21 AM
ok cool il try the 2.o GPM valve in my KRC pump i do prefer a heavier weight steering and ideally would like the steering to feel like my CTSV which i think is awesome and super direct.

Carl @ Chassisworks
10-21-2013, 10:42 AM
The initial response is what is most effected by the flow volume. There are other pieces in the rack that come into play when you start talking about effort and feedback.

KRC is a really easy to deal with company. They will be happy to answer any questions you have, and not make you feel stupid in the process. This is a good tech article they wrote about flow valves: http://www.krcpower.com/files/flow_valve2013Tech.pdf