PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Bad94
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I want to say thank you to Mark and Jessi Bowler and family, SCCA group, and all of the sponsors. This was the last event for me this year and was a blast. Not sure on how many runs I got, but I do know the tires are done.

lzdick
10-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Kudos to the "King & Queen of Lawrenceville"...another great weekend. A special thanx to all of the sponsors...quite sure this event wouldn't take place without you. And thanx to the SCCA team for another great track set-up and great efficiency...well done to all.

Rich

MarkB
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Thank you for all that came to support the event. We put this event together with Royal Purple for everyone to enjoy. I want to thank my awesome family for all the support, the SCCA for the sponsors that help make this possible as well as the great door prizes that were sent for the participants. But most of all thank you to the great people and cars that come and run, everyone had a great attitude and seemed to have a great weekend.

The event was sponsored by: Royal Purple, Pro-touring.com, BFGoodrich, Mothers, Phantom-Products, A + Powder Coating, Orangeconeracing.com, Classic Instruments, Baer Brakes, Ididit, Tracy Electric, Optima Batteries, IGA along with several local companies.

Here are some of the results. All of the results will be posted on orangeconeracing.com, dayatthestrip.com and our facebook pages. Please follow us on facebook.

Saturday Top 5
New Class (1980 - Present)
1st Tom Mcbride 2013 Mustang
2nd Casey Zink 2009 WRX
3rd Reginald Sandy 2006 WRX
4th Mark Gizzie 1999 Camaro
5th Brandon Burress 2010 Camaro

Saturday Top 5
Pro-Touring (1980 - older)
1st Billy Utley 1972 Nova
2nd Rich Gregory 1969 Camaro
3rd Larry Woo 1968 Camaro
4th Bob Bertleson 1970 Camaro
5th Aaron Oberle 1965 Malibu

Saturday was just the fastest driver from each class for the day. We had 568 runs for the day of Saturday. Everyone was wore out. Sunday we threw a twist in the competition, we combined both classes. Everyone received 5 practice laps (new course layout from Saturday). Then the competition started. Each had 5 laps to get there best time. We took the top 10 fastest drivers from the pack.

Top 10 Shootout (Sunday)
1st - Billly Utley 1972 Nova
2nd - Tom Farrington 1966 Chevelle
3rd - Bob Bertlesen 1970 Camaro
4th - Rich Gregory 1969 Camaro
5th - Aaron Oberle 1965 Malibu
6th - Richard Grav 1971 Spitfire
7th - Eric Earney 1967 Camaro
8th - Greg Cullum 1969 Camaro
9th - Dan Ballard 1972 Nova
10th - Mike Ballard 1997 Camaro

The Top 10 were then given 3 runs. We took all three runs and did an average for the fastest combined time. The fastest would move on to the Top 5. So this was a challenge, constancy was important here.

Top 5 Shootout (Sunday)
1st - Billly Utley 1972 Nova
2nd - Tom Farrington 1966 Chevelle
3rd - Rich Gregory 1969 Camaro
5th - Aaron Oberle 1965 Malibu
6th - Richard Grav 1971 Spitfire

Billy Utely ended up winning this event. It is amazing how well he can drive the '72 Nova. He won the Pro-Touring(old) class, The top 10 and the top 5 shootout. So he walked away with the trophy, $500 cash and other goodies from the Bowler Performance Autocross challenge. No one let him walk away with it easy, as many were on his tail hard all day.

I hope everyone will come back and more will join us for the Midwest Musclecar Challenge in 2014.

72novadriver
10-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks Again for everything Mark and Jessi. As always your events are a great time. The seemingly endless Autox runs and great friends always make it worth the travel. You can count on us being back next year.

eric1967
10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Great event. Enjoyed catching up with friends & meeting some new ones. Mark & crew did a great job. Looking forward to next year. Thanks Eric

tommycomfort
10-17-2013, 03:11 AM
What a blast!!!! I am blown away that this event and Midwest Muscle Car don't draw absolute huge crowds. The beauty is, you could double the number of participants and still get more than enough runs.

Thanks to Mark and Jessi and all the sponsors for putting on a great event. We love to thrash on our cars, but the friendships really are what keep us coming back.

71RS/SS396
10-20-2013, 04:23 AM
What a blast!!!! I am blown away that this event and Midwest Muscle Car don't draw absolute huge crowds. The beauty is, you could double the number of participants and still get more than enough runs.

Thanks to Mark and Jessi and all the sponsors for putting on a great event. We love to thrash on our cars, but the friendships really are what keep us coming back.

I wish we could make both events but the dates conflicted with an event we were running the auto-x ( Chevy Hi Nats) and the Day at the strip is too close to Charlotte GG and Sema when we are in full thrash mode preparing for both. Mark and Jessi are such great people I hate the fact we can't support them and attend.