PDA

View Full Version : Stock swaybar with Tru-Turn

Ryanater
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Has anybody had experience on how much turning radius is lost when using a stock style swaybar with the tru-turn system? Assuming a 275mm tire. Is it still pretty driveable?

Garymac69
10-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I still have a stock style sway bar and had to limit turning radius some....probably 10 to 15%....to prevent the bar rubbing the inside lip of the wheel at full lock. I notice it when making tight turns in parking lots. I plan to get a front Musclebar when funds permit.

Ryanater
10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
So it's not a huge deal? It sounds like something I could live with for a few years.

Ryanater
10-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Also, what bar do you have? I'm running an Addco bar.

brownz
10-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I have a solid big sway bar on the front of my 72 nova. I do not know the manufacture on it but my tires will run frame before the bar. Im also running stock lowers so the bump stops dont match up with the spindles. I hope to get time to fab up some or get ride tech arms ONE day.

what backspace are you running on the front wheels?

Ryanater
10-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I have a solid big sway bar on the front of my 72 nova. I do not know the manufacture on it but my tires will run frame before the bar. Im also running stock lowers so the bump stops dont match up with the spindles. I hope to get time to fab up some or get ride tech arms ONE day.

what backspace are you running on the front wheels?

What size tire are you running? Any chance you could get some pictures?

I am running a 9.5" x 17" Z06 wheel. I'm not sure what the backspacing is but I will need to run a spacer.

Garymac69
10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Also, what bar do you have? I'm running an Addco bar.
I also have the Addco bar and have been using it for about 3000 miles or so.

Rod
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
usually the tire contacts the frame before the sway bar comes into play, my experience using both a Helwig sway bar and then a Hotchkis sway bar the rim never touched them, but the ridetech muscle bar contacts about the same time as the frame and works just fine

brownz
10-09-2013, 05:08 PM
What size tire are you running? Any chance you could get some pictures?

I am running a 9.5" x 17" Z06 wheel. I'm not sure what the backspacing is but I will need to run a spacer.

I will be getting the car out tomorrow and will try to get a pic. Im running a 255 tire on a 18x9.5 wheel with 5.75 bs. I will be putting 275s on in a week. but still the tire hits the frame before the bar.