PDA

View Full Version : RideTech Shocks

rrelco
10-07-2013, 07:59 AM
all I can say is WOW....called John Meadows at Deuces Wild in Fillmore and spoke to him about upgrading my QA1's to Ridetech and what an improvement. John knows shocks. anyway will be making those shock perform this week-end at the So Cal Challenge in Camarillo Air port.

Go El Caminos.....

jlcustomz
10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Glad to hear it, cuz I.m waiting for time to install my airride setup with front shockwaves & rear fox shocks on my elco.

marolf101x
10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the compliments! Of course I think our shocks are a huge improvement, but I'm a little close to the whole deal and I've been using them for a year longer than anyone for testing. It's great to hear from a satisfied customer.

andrewb70
10-07-2013, 03:03 PM
all I can say is WOW....called John Meadows at Deuces Wild in Fillmore and spoke to him about upgrading my QA1's to Ridetech and what an improvement. John knows shocks. anyway will be making those shock perform this week-end at the So Cal Challenge in Camarillo Air port.

Go El Caminos.....

Can you elaborate more please? I have QA1s now and I really want to get some RideTechs...

Andrew

yellow1098Greg
10-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Those ridetech's sound awesome...how would they stack up to some double adjustable aluminum shocks like the ones from PTFB? Trying to learn what's what. Thanks

rrelco
10-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Can you elaborate more please? I have QA1s now and I really want to get some RideTechs...

Andrew

what I had in the front were the bee hive style spring, first of all it was too short my spring collar was at the top of the threads on the shock housing. so i had my ride height set but i couldn't adjust any more. as for the rear each coil spring were nearly touching each other not sure if i was getting spring bind.

now the front have a 12" spring and the collar is at the bottom of the threads so i now have more adjustment. the rear now has spacing.

i now have 36 click for adjustment on the front and 24 on the rear. as soon as i drove it it just felt better, the rear seems to stick more when i hit corners.

rrelco
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Those ridetech's sound awesome...how would they stack up to some double adjustable aluminum shocks like the ones from PTFB? Trying to learn what's what. Thanks

call Ride Tech i am not aware of PTFB

Bryce
10-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Let us now how they perform at the socal challenge.

rrelco
10-08-2013, 08:02 AM
let us now how they perform at the socal challenge.

will do...

rrelco
10-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Guys....I am not bashing QA1 shocks I have been using them for about 3 years, so if your car has them keep them. all I wanted was more adjustment. and if anybody is interested in these they will be up for sale