PDA

View Full Version : Hellwig G-body rear sway bar installation

83hurstguy
09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Installing the Hellwig rear sway bar on my car, kit 55809. There are four "hat" style bushings in the kit, but the instructions do not indicate how they are utilized or where they go. I have included a picture of them below.

I tried emailing Hellwig two weeks ago, and got no response. I figured some people here may have installed this kit... curious to see what other people have done. I pressed the tapered bushings into the end links, these didn't seem like they would work in there.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with Hellwig's instructions, end link design, or customer service....

Thanks in advance for any help!

carguykeith
09-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Hmmmm drawing a blank on those bushings, have you just tried installing the bar? I had an issue with one of the end links (mared threads) and Hellwig responded to my email in a day or two and sent me new one no charge. I'd try giving them a call.

83hurstguy
09-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Hmmmm drawing a blank on those bushings, have you just tried installing the bar? I had an issue with one of the end links (mared threads) and Hellwig responded to my email in a day or two and sent me new one no charge. I'd try giving them a call.

Yeah, I have the bar bolted to the axle loosely, just chopping down the end link lengths and getting ready to locate the brackets on the frame. Would like to make sure I have it configured right before drilling holes. Thanks.

Ron Sutton
09-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry for taking this thread off track.

I had an '83 Hurts/Olds Cutlass race car back in the day. Can you post a photo of your car for me to drool over? :lol:

83hurstguy
09-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Here's a pic from a couple years ago, it's in pieces finishing up the C6 brake swap now...

How about a picture of your H/O race car? What year was it?

Ron Sutton
09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Very cool. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of that car and several others. Thieves cleaned out two 10x20 storage rooms I had rented. All my photos & trophies from 1979-1986 were in boxes that got stolen along with tons of race car parts.

83hurstguy
09-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Very cool. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of that car and several others. Thieves cleaned out two 10x20 storage rooms I had rented. All my photos & trophies from 1979-1986 were in boxes that got stolen along with tons of race car parts.

Sorry to hear about that getting stolen. That sucks!

I talked to Hellwig this afternoon... they confirmed that those bushings shown above were not supposed to be included in the kit. Therefore, if anybody else got them, they aren't used... they also said to let them know if anybody got them in their G-body kit, so they can try to figure out how they got in.