PDA

View Full Version : QA1 front Adjustable shocks with stock LCA ?

Gil
09-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Hello guys,

I have made a lot of search & I still have a question with my QA1 front setup.

As I will keep my stock LCA (slow build & low budget :) ) & 100% road drive, do I really have to reinforce it by welding a plate like in this thread pictures ?

I think should be necessary but wanted to be sure.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/2...=QA1+stock+LCA (https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/21102-QA1-coilover?highlight=QA1+stock+LCA)

My car is a 69 Firebird BB 455

Thanks a lot for your help
Gil

Buryingthesun
09-15-2013, 07:48 AM
YES, I have the same set-up in my 1967 firebird. Factory LCA's and QA1's work fine

Gil
09-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Thank you very much & very nice Bird !
Seen your build, I think mine will be also a "poor dady build" :)
Works fine for you without the mods & GW new bushings ?
Regards
Gil

Rod
09-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I used QA1 shocks for about a year and tested them on several arms, Stock, DSE, global west and Import e-bay arms, the QA1 worked with all the arms I tried

Buryingthesun
09-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you very much & very nice Bird !
Seen your build, I think mine will be also a "poor dady build" :)
Works fine for you without the mods & GW new bushings ?
Regards
Gil

Thank you! I have no mods done on my car besides replacing the bushings

Gil
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Thank you guys for the feedback, I now have just to find time to work on the car :)

@ Rod, very nice thread & car, very informative & a mine of experience, thanks for sharing...

Will start a "low bucks, slow build, poor dad" thread soon

Regards
Gil

rentedmule
09-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Make sure your spring rate is high enough for you car - I definitely haven't had good luck with QA1 tech's recommendations for my application. When I first put them on my truck the springs were far too light and the bottoming out destroyed my LCAs pretty quickly.

Gil
09-16-2013, 04:18 AM
Hi Tyson,
Thanks for the warning, I bought the Single Adjustable Coil Over Shock Kit from SpeedTech with special BB springs. Hope it'll be all right.
Gil

Buryingthesun
09-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Make sure your spring rate is high enough for you car - I definitely haven't had good luck with QA1 tech's recommendations for my application. When I first put them on my truck the springs were far too light and the bottoming out destroyed my LCAs pretty quickly.

I ended up using the big block springs on my car to prevent any issues

boneheadzz
02-23-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm interested in buying this qa1 setup for my 79 TA. Would anyone consider it good for autocross or road racing on open track days?
Thanks
Mike