PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Goodguys Lone Star Nationals?

69*Goat
08-21-2013, 07:41 AM
It is October 4-6, 2013. I am going to try and get my GTO finished to make this trip. Anyone here planning on going?

RobNoLimit
08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm in. I think a few other west coasters are going as well.

carbuff
08-21-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping to go! My car should be ready, hopefully I can get away for the weekend.

icemanrd19
08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
i will be there but not with my car unless i trailer it :(

GrabberGT
08-22-2013, 07:03 AM
I'll be there. I got this in the mail yesterday. Looks like a personal invite with my picture at the bottom. :cool:

rickpaw
08-22-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking about it. If I go, it will be just a day trip though. Good way to sort out the bugs from my LS swap before taking it to Cruising the Coast the following Wednesday (Oct 9).

Dusold
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I'll be there for sure, it's only 20 minutes away from my house. I am really looking forward to the autocross!

MrQuick
08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
sorry, im told there will be no autox this event....we will be there saturday with our customers 66 Chevelle

GrabberGT
08-23-2013, 06:43 AM
I'll be there for sure, it's only 20 minutes away from my house. I am really looking forward to the autocross!

You should come out to do the NTAXS Autocross on 9/7 at TMS. They put on a pretty decent event. I saw your car at Cars and Coffee a couple weeks ago. THere was quite a crowd around it. You'd think they'd never seen a LS motor in anything but a Vette. LOL

sorry, im told there will be no autox this event....we will be there saturday with our customers 66 Chevelle

Ummm... See photo above. "Live Autocross Action". Also, its the final OUSCI qualifier.

MrQuick
08-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh ok sorry.

thanks. I was mistaken. I thought this was for this weekends show in CA.

Dusold
08-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I will be missing NTAXS because ill be at LS fest that weekend. I do really like their events though!

Goodguy Ed
08-26-2013, 06:56 AM
I will be missing NTAXS because ill be at LS fest that weekend. I do really like their events though!

The LS Fest is Sept 6-8 not Oct 4-6 when the Goodguys event is going on!!!
Bring that car to Goodguys and YES the AutoCross will be in full swing at TX....
Goodguy Ed

GrabberGT
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM
The LS Fest is Sept 6-8 not Oct 4-6 when the Goodguys event is going on!!!
Bring that car to Goodguys and YES the AutoCross will be in full swing at TX....
Goodguy Ed

Sorry Ed. I cluttered up the GG thread with a local event, (North Texas Autocross Series), which I will be participating in in preparation for GG the following month.

Just to let you know, I will be on the lookout for event posters with my car on it. So dont be surprised if you have some signage come up missing. LOL

Smittys
08-27-2013, 10:22 AM
We will be there!

Dusold
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Sounds like the autocross is going to be exciting with it being one of the last few chances to get into the finals! Ill bet we see some great times!

chocthunder
08-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh yea, been waiting since March to tear up the autocross again. I think I'm hooked, I might need therapy!!!!

RobNoLimit
09-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm in. It's a good excuse for some BBQ and Chicken.

meenaggie
09-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Babe's in Roanoke for fried chicken but what is your favorite spot for BBQ? Looking to fill my dinner plans for the trip. Also plan to head to Fred's Texas Cafe north location near Fossil Ridge for a burger.

rockytopper
09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Best Burger in DFW is POPS burgers hands down they had a metroplex best burger contest and it beat out everyone. For BBQ I say woody's creek. They are located in west Fort Worth or there original location is in spring town not to far from the goodguys event. There are many good BBQ joints in Fort Worth.

rockytopper
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Sense this will be the final OUSCI qualifier is autocross the only thing happening for the OUSCI qualifier. No speed stop challenge, road course event?

ohsolow
09-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Rockytopper Autocross is the only event for the OUSI qualifier at GG Texas

ohsolow
09-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Dusold didn't get a chance to talk to you in bowling green but wanted to compliment you on how bad ass you were on the drag strip keep it up that car has come a long way.

69*Goat
09-10-2013, 01:34 AM
I am going to be busting my hump trying to get my GTO finished. I won't get it back until next week, and it will be a mad dash to get it done. I may just come up and do some hand shaking.

rockytopper
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I am going to be busting my hump trying to get my GTO finished. I won't get it back until next week, and it will be a mad dash to get it done. I may just come up and do some hand shaking.

I'm sure there are plenty of us you can take a ride around the cones with. If you have the courage you could climb in with Bret he loves to give joy rides lol.

Dusold
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Dusold didn't get a chance to talk to you in bowling green but wanted to compliment you on how bad ass you were on the drag strip keep it up that car has come a long way.

Thanks! We have been working on the car a lot this year! I am really looking forward to the autocross at good guys. Autocross is definitely something I need to work on, and watching Danny Popp, Kyle Tucker, Brian Finch, and Bret Voekel go at it was inspiring!

67zo6Camaro
09-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm in. I think a few other west coasters are going as well.

Yep, I will be one of those traveling 1,400 miles for some good old BBQ.

rockytopper
09-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Rob if your a rib man woodys creek !!!! If you prefer brisket many choices in cowtown

icemanrd19
09-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Going that sat morning. If anyone has anything they are trying to sell or trade maybe we should start a thread?

Im looking for some leather racing seats or maybe just maybe a t56.

chocthunder
09-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Just added a sway bar to the rear and a bigger sway bar up front...let's get it on!!!!

GrabberGT
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Excited! The Mav is almost back together after making a couple changes. I'll test it this weekend at the local SCCA and then hopefully it'll be ready.

RobNoLimit
09-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Texas is Truck country after all. Don't miss this one. Three of the fastest, meanest and most bad ass trucks in the country will be in Texas to put a whoopin on out on the autocross. Chris Smith and the 'Smitty's C10, fresh from a great showing in Indy with new No Limit suspension installed and RideTech Shockwaves, Josh Liesinger in his newly aquired (Summers and Sons) C10, Also on No Limit suspension with RideTech coil-overs, and our own Helboy C10. Hmmm, all three using the No Limit-RideTech combo, all three have been to Optima, all three have won national events. My bet? All three will be in the top ten, two in the top five and one in the top three.

RobNoLimit
09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
OK truck guys, time to show what your made of. In only one week we will be in the Lone Star state, and we'd like to see Trucks be the dominant force out on the track. So, to help get you out of the lawn chair and put your truck in the autocross, we'll sweeten the pot. Not only will you exit the track with the biggest smile since Texas beat Oklahoma, but, if you stop in and see us, get a No Limit Sticker and put it on your truck, We'll give you a brand new, never been worn, No Limit Hat. Yes, you'll need this to stop from blinding your friends with those pearly whites, as you won't be able to get the smile off your face from how much fun that was. We'll even go one more!!!! (I know, how can this be) If you and your truck are Fast enough, Tough enough, and Smart enough to WIN the TRUCK CLASS (Don't start cryin yet, Josh, Rob, and Smitty are in the Pro Class), -AND- you were cool enough to put a No Limit sticker on your truck BEFORE your FIRST runs of the weekend, now get this, we will PAY YOU back your $55.00 entry fee. (Fifty Five cold hard U.S. dollars. Guaranteed to be accepted at any trackside beer stand) Think of it, You could get paid to drive your truck at a GoodGuys event. On top of that, Chris and Rob will be on hand to help you with tuning and driving tips. Think of it, a great time, the envy of your friends, money in your pocked, and a new cover for the thin spot on your noggin.

BuickGS
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
I will be going. Just installed a new Aeromotive Phantom fuel pump/tank. Hoping to eliminate fuel slosh problem. Also installed Detroit Speed splined front sway bar.

SOM1969
09-30-2013, 07:52 AM
ill be there! bringing out the grey/red 62 impala vert.

69*Goat
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Now I'm torn on what to do. I have not been able to get my GTO anywhere near finished. I have a solid weeks worth of work to get all of these parts on it. Last night I started on the front suspension, and that is going to take at least three days. Should I come up to see you guys, and meet some of you, or stay at home and turn wrenches??? This is a tough decision.

dgcustomz
10-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I'll be there with the company Saturday and Sunday. After my shifts over I'll be checking it out!

GrabberGT
10-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Now I'm torn on what to do. I have not been able to get my GTO anywhere near finished. I have a solid weeks worth of work to get all of these parts on it. Last night I started on the front suspension, and that is going to take at least three days. Should I come up to see you guys, and meet some of you, or stay at home and turn wrenches??? This is a tough decision.

Unless you are planning on heading to Scottsdale or OUSCI in November, you're not going to see a better show. Its going to be a blast. Give the wrenches a break and come on up.

TEXAS PAUL
10-04-2013, 04:08 AM
I'll be there

icemanrd19
10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
i will be there tomorrow around 930-10. If i recognize any cars ill be sure to say hi

69*Goat
10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
It was nice meeting every one today. Bret took me around the autocross course in the 33. That thing is Sweet!!