PDA

View Full Version : Options for Fairlanes?

Slick68
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
OK, I'm thinking of selling my 68 C10 truck and buying a car. My neighbor has a very nice 66 Fairlane that he would sell me at a reasonable price. The car is pretty much complete with coilover front suspension, but retains the leaf spring rear suspension. Are there any options for the rear suspension that will work well for autocross?

The car is very nice and I would love to have it, but I may have to reconsider if there's not good options. It would be nice to have something that not many others have on the auto-x courses.

QuarterD25
08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Matt,
I will offer what little advice i have for you. I have a 66 with the street or track coil overs up front and the maier leafs/pan hard bar combo. As of right now, I think she handles pretty decently for how big the car is and surprises people for the same reasons. It seem one of the key aspects is to get a system that is balanced all around. I haven't seen very many options for the rear though.The springs are longer than mustang leafs and as far as I know, nothing will bolt up.
On Mike's web sight, he has video of one of his customer's 66 booking around one of the bigger road course. Its pretty cool to watch. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Slick68
08-06-2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the input. I researched Mike's website and found Jim's Fairlane videos. If he can chase a Lotus around a road course, that's saying a lot. According to the specs, there's really not a lot done to the suspension(figuratively speaking).That's nice to know if I proceed with selling my truck.

Sales-TCI-Eng
08-07-2013, 10:39 AM
We have a local shop installing a 64.5-70 Mustang Torque Arm kit in a 1966 Fairlane so it will be interesting to see how much has to be changed. I will post pics and info as it comes together.

He's also doing our Custom IFS along with a turbo Coyote.

-J