PDA

View Full Version : Member search / Wheel question

Todd
09-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know if the owner of this car still visits the message boards? I'd really like to know what backspacing he used on these wheels.

https://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/Brandon_Hill_70_Camaro/hill_small.JPG

SHANE 73Z
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Todd,

I dont know what those wheels are exactly, but they appear to be billet wheels from one of the many reputable manufacturers. I could safely say to fit your 79 a common combo is a 17" x 8" front with 5" backspace and 245/45/17. For the rear use a 17" x 9.5" with 5.5" backspace and a 275/40/17.

Hope this helps,
Shane

zbugger
09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
The wheels are 17x9.5, 5.5" bs, 275/40-17 tires up front, and 17x11, 5.75" bs., 315/35-17 tires in the rear. I talked to the guy at that show where the pic was taken. I'll post some more when I get home. He did say that it rubbed on the front sway bar. I think he also put a set of Landrum rear springs in to lift it. It apparently rubbed with the Hotchkis springs. He had the entire Hotchkis kit in at one time. Your best bet is to measure your car to see if it will all fit.

SYDEWAYZ71
09-07-2004, 04:04 PM
So Allen I guess you slipped that guy a couple bucks for the backspace info HUH?? I asked him at Pleasanton a couple years ago and he wouldn't tell me. I guess he thought he was the first and only person with that combo :bsjerk:

zbugger
09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Heh... That's funny. I guess I caught him at a good time. He just said that he directly copied the Hotckis F-71 project. Well, I did ask about the wheels and stuff, and he did tell me. Maybe I intimidated him? hee hee.....

Anyway, I can email a couple more shots if wanted. Here's what I'm posting though. Really nice car too...

MrQuick
09-07-2004, 07:02 PM
sort of like that big guy in prison kinda way! :doh: he seemed like a nice guy when I met him...it was probably late in the day and he was getting tired of answering question???

Todd
09-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I didn't really expect any responses. I also asked Hotchkis about the wheels when I ordered all of my suspension parts and the guy I talked to didn't know the backspace. At the very least, these numbers give me a good place to start from.

zbugger - I would really appreciate it if you could email me the pictures that you have. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks again to all for your help!