PDA

View Full Version : Good Guys Columbus Auto X ride along anyone?...

csouth
06-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Anyone here participating in the GG Columbus Autocross that is willing to let me have a ride along for a run? I know this is a short course, but I'm just trying to get and idea of the lines taken and the throttling\braking technique used for this type of driving. I'm looking to have my car ready for next years event, so insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

cmraman
06-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone here participating in the GG Columbus Autocross that is willing to let me have a ride along for a run? I know this is a short course, but I'm just trying to get and idea of the lines taken and the throttling\braking technique used for this type of driving. I'm looking to have my car ready for next years event, so insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

Just hang out at the autocross, most everyone is happy to give rides. If my car was there, I'd say yes. Are you going to Des Moines show?

csouth
06-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Good advice... Right now the only events I think I will make are GG Columbus, Motor State and GG Indy.

71RS/SS396
06-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I'll be happy to give you a ride on Friday but get over to the auto-x early because we don't get very many runs at Cbus and I usually have many folks asking for a ride along. My advice to you would be to take a driving school at one of the ASCS events, I guarantee you will learn a ton.

csouth
06-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I'll be happy to give you a ride on Friday but get over to the auto-x early because we don't get very many runs at Cbus and I usually have many folks asking for a ride along. My advice to you would be to take a driving school at one of the ASCS events, I guarantee you will learn a ton.

Wow Tim that would have been great, but I don't think I'll be able to get there Fri in time. I have some people riding down with me and I proabably won't hit Cbus until right when they close on Friday. I would have loved a ride in a purpose built car like yours. Thats how it usually goes for me :banghead: We planned to hit the show Sat early and go hard all day.

I have looked into taking a class next year. I found out about this local class when it was too late. My car will will be done next year by the spring, so I'd really love to take the class in my own vehicle. In case some else reads this thread:

http://sccastartingline.com/

cmraman
06-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Good advice... Right now the only events I think I will make are GG Columbus, Motor State and GG Indy.

Tim is right the Get Started Racing series are great. I'll be at Motorstate and maybe Indy. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.

csouth
07-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Tim is right the Get Started Racing series are great. I'll be at Motorstate and maybe Indy. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.

I looked it up, but could only find when people comment regarding past events. I can't even seem to locate a schedule for 2013

71RS/SS396
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I looked it up, but could only find when people comment regarding past events. I can't even seem to locate a schedule for 2013

There's basically one at most of the American Street Car Series events.

csouth
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
There's basically one at most of the American Street Car Series events.

Thanks, I'll be ready for next year then. Although I won't be at GG until Sat morning, I'll still make sure to find you and introduce myself.

71RS/SS396
07-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks, I'll be ready for next year then. Although I won't be at GG until Sat morning, I'll still make sure to find you and introduce myself.

Please do that.

Schwartz Performance
07-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Chris,

We will be at Columbus too, Jeff will be driving most of the time, so feel free to stop and ask him- he'll let you ride along!

Offlimts502
07-05-2013, 09:09 AM
I'll be in Columbus as well. I'm actually flying in from AZ to meet my dad there who has never been to a Goodguys show before. I'd love to get a ride or possibly get him to hop in as well if he wanted. I think he'd love it. I'm just hoping for some great weather. Fingers crossed.

csouth
07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Chris,

We will be at Columbus too, Jeff will be driving most of the time, so feel free to stop and ask him- he'll let you ride along!

Thanks, I'm assuming this is Dale? I'll be there bright and early on Sat. I'll may my way through the pits, its always good to put faces with names.

lotarust
07-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I will be at Columbus with my Mustang and Kenny will be with me running his Camaro. We will both as always be giving rides.At G.G. Springfield I had a line for rides but was glad to do it! I don't know how much of a roll model I would be but I will get your blood flowing!

csouth
07-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I will be at Columbus with my Mustang and Kenny will be with me running his Camaro. We will both as always be giving rides.At G.G. Springfield I had a line for rides but was glad to do it! I don't know how much of a roll model I would be but I will get your blood flowing!

Thanks, I'll be willing to accept any offers :smoke:

craigs73
07-09-2013, 07:50 AM
hey great idea chris....i was hoping to get a ride as well..... i will be there early friday......what time does the auto cross start? im thinking i will be there around 9am

csouth
07-09-2013, 08:02 AM
hey great idea chris....i was hoping to get a ride as well..... i will be there early friday......what time does the auto cross start? im thinking i will be there around 9am

I'm not sure, the schedule may be posted on Good-Guys website. I won't be at the Fairgrounds until Saturday morning unfortunately. I'm coming in Friday night.

Bad94
07-09-2013, 08:53 AM

They have been starting auto x around 9am.

craigs73
07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
They have been starting auto x around 9am.

dan i get a ride with you???

Schwartz Performance
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks, I'm assuming this is Dale? I'll be there bright and early on Sat. I'll may my way through the pits, its always good to put faces with names.

Yes sir. We will be set up near the autox track. I may be driving as well. See you there!

csouth
07-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Yes sir. We will be set up near the autox track. I may be driving as well. See you there!

Dale, I want to thank you and Jeff. The ride on the autocross was awesome and being int the car with Jeff was even better than watching him go around the track. Jeff's a great guy, his personality is totally opposite to his "pissed off" driving style...lol

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/07/DSCN0793_zpsa704d329-1.jpg (http://s897.photobucket.com/user/csouth89/media/DSCN0793_zpsa704d329.jpg.html)

Offlimts502
07-15-2013, 05:12 PM
"Jeff's a great guy, his personality is totally opposite to his "pissed off" driving style...lol" I was able to speak with Jeff on Saturday at his Schwartz trailer were we chatted about his truck which wasn't in attendance and going over different ideas as I'm currently looking for a truck to buy and build for autocross. He was a very cool dude. Just wish I asked for a ride on Saturday but the thought didn't enter my mind until now :(